the Rift

[OPEN] I did the thing [quest turn in - Earth]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

There was no reason for her to explain any further her relationship with her siblings, especially when she was not very emotionally inclined towards those she had not hand-chosen. Still, the God felt the briefest pang of disappointment. The four needed to work in harmony for the good of Helovia, but she could easily see his desire for that as another way of controlling her, telling her that she should strike up a bond with her cousins. Some of who – though there was no need to name anybody, for how obvious it was – could not move past the image of his son to see the entirely new life Isopia presented. It was not his job to micromanage her life and relationships. He was not even capable of it. So he let her words slide by with a nod, aware that she was right for she stood before him plainly in her success. “You did well,” he noted in a pleasant rumble. She deserved the gift she sought.

“Lift your hooves, if you will,” the God said idly, focusing on the elements she’d placed before him, his magic grabbing hold and molding them to the exact shape of her hooves. From the earth he pulled metals to wrap around the magic-imbued crystals, appearing to be normal shoes but hiding the delicate enchanted material within that gave them the properties Isopia so sought. They attached themselves to Isopia’s hooves as she lifted them, securely nailed in place with but a thought. And in a few moments it was over, her gift earned and achieved, securely placed upon her hooves. “They may take some getting used to,” he warned, though he doubted she’d find too much trouble with them. But still…he was reluctant to send her away with so much left to say and do.

Her thoughts were plain to him, he could not help it – or perhaps he could, and simply wished to be closer to her in ways she was reluctant to allow him. A deep sigh rattled through him like wind across an empty field, intelligent eyes peering down at his daughter. “I never had the chance to apologize for revealing your name. I don’t understand why you hide it, when you are meant to be a key player in the balance of Helovia. I wasn’t aware, and I’m sorry.” Massive cranium dipped slowly, acknowledging that he had done her a great disservice that day that he could never remedy. Just because he didn’t understand didn’t mean the God was unaware of how much she’d despised it, and was appropriately regretful for it in turn. Perhaps she would allow him deeper into the heart of her mind willingly, would share with him why she wanted to be so removed from the land she was born to aid.

Hubris, at least, seemed to be the start of a new beginning. Had he finally found something to help her? Maybe he could repair the damage he’d done, in so many ways, by giving to her a constant companion meant to fit her soul alone. Her thanks was more than enough. “You’re welcome,” the Lord echoed happily, feeling like an estranged father standing before her on the stone of the crippled Veins. Ah, but he had one more thing to give her.

“There is something I’ve been wanting to give you for a while now. You must forgive my tendency for gifts,” he laughed heartily. From beneath his wing he pulled gently at a thick, glorious red cloth and gleaming metal with thick feathers at the ends of the pauldron. “It is enchanted, the feathers change colors with the seasons,” the immortal pointed out, the thick cape hanging in the air before Isopia, ready for her to move forward and accept it so that it could clasp itself around her shoulders. It suited her, he thought proudly - both in appearance and in duty - and he awaited her decision quietly. 

God of the Earth
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: I did the thing [quest turn in - Earth] - by God of the Earth - 11-14-2015, 05:46 PM