the Rift

pick up the pieces [kou/aviya]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan mulled over a million other retorts and decided they weren't really fit for the ears of his daughter and settled with a disgruntled mumble that didn't exactly cover what he wanted to say. "Sorry" his gruff voice oddly gentle as a small wave of shock simmered onto his face. Kou's open admittance of love taking him by surprise and he looked shyly at her as she nudged their child's shoulder. His mind going momentarily blank as he tried to think of something to say back. Sooty lips quivering, begging his mind to think of a natural reply that didn't make him look like an entire fool in front of his daughter. The look of confused panic turned into a wave of profound discovery before finally settling on a smile, it was warm and loving. The feelings he felt for the dainty crème femme finally set free of the Nightshades chains. He returned her admittance of love with a gentle brush along her cheek with nothing but adoration in his eyes. The rare moment lasted all of a few seconds before he turned back to his daughter, a welcome distraction from all the pent up emotions confusing his mind as he gave Kou a look complete shock. "I've never shed a tear in my life!"

He bulked his body as if to emphasize his manliness but gave Aviya a sly smile. Welcoming her into his embrace, a strange look passing over his features as he experienced fatherhood to a different level. So far, he hadn't been able to get so close to Mesec. The thought left him wondering where the devil his son was, maybe the Moon had come to reclaim him. d'Artagnan worried little about him, the boy was a demi god after all, if no one else the stars would watch him. It was Kou who snapped him free of his musings as her carefully put suggestion took its time to dawn on him.

For a moment he failed to grasp the meaning, staring blankly at his Nurse until realization sank in and an embarrassed flare travelled through his body. Forcing his head to examine the snowy floor, swallowing as he gathered what little was left of his wits. Kou had a way of disarming him. "She will" he took the little punches Aviya sent to his shoulder, smiling at the fierce stare in her eyes. His daughters determination making the floundering d'Artagnan more sure of himself. Features lighting up as if something suddenly dawned on him and a low chuckle escaping his maw. "I hope they don't inherit too much of my gene pool, I don't quite fancy keeping an eye on a family of mad kids."

The thought seemed amusing at first but the more he thought about it the more it really did seem hellish.

[I hope that wasn't really cringey xD It's kinda hard to balance out his witty side and his loving side]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
pick up the pieces [kou/aviya] - by d'Artagnan - 10-06-2012, 08:08 PM
RE: pick up the pieces [kou/aviya] - by Kou - 10-06-2012, 08:45 PM
RE: pick up the pieces [kou/aviya] - by Aviya - 10-06-2012, 10:39 PM
RE: pick up the pieces [kou/aviya] - by Kou - 10-13-2012, 07:28 AM
RE: pick up the pieces [kou/aviya] - by Aviya - 10-19-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: pick up the pieces [kou/aviya] - by d'Artagnan - 10-30-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: pick up the pieces [kou/aviya] - by Mesec - 11-01-2012, 05:27 PM