the Rift

Buried Myself Alive(Joining, open)

Nyx Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
If she were not such a large pegasus, the cold would be almost unbearable. It would eat at her body until she was nothing more than a useless pile of mush. But the piebald mare only felt a slight chill. It was her curiosity that led the draft mare to these lands, the mist that she could see rolling through the lands, they called to Nyx. Her body moved from a long legged walk, to a meandering trot as she drew herself closer to the forest of trees, her gold eyes admiring the towering guardians of the land. Her steps faltered outside of the tree line. One might call it habit, something the warrior did to appease her nerves. Her muscles quivered and her neck arched upward before letting it sweep down to brush her nose on the snow frozen earth. Slowly her right knee folded down and left leg extended forward in a bow.

”God or Goddess of these lands, I respectfully ask you to accept my presence in these lands.”, her words were slow and lowly spoken, almost a distant rumble in the frostbitten wind. Her words were greeted by nothing in particular but her mind felt at ease. She returned to her standing height And stared through the border-line of trees. Her searching eyes were met with a darkness that she couldn’t help but appreciate.
The night held value to her homeland. It was a time when the Goddess of the land roamed throughout the herds. Her lips tipped in a smile, her selfless mother named her after that Goddess. Nyx.
Nyx, my Goddess ... You gave me courage on my journey. Now I pray from strength to find my way through the shroud.

Hesitently, she took a step into the trees. The mist, cool calculating mist, swirled around her legs. Pulling, tugging (at least it felt like it), it drew her in as a mother would to her foal. Her throat hummed pleasantly as the last of her body crossed through into the forest. But she took no more steps forward, lest she stray. Something nagged at her mind, no , spoke to her in a whisper.

Call out, become one with the new land and all you find. Find the moon.

Find the moon? A quizzical look fleeted across her face. Why would she think such strange things? Things that made no sense in the slightest. She exhaled softly and shifted her dove gray wings that were folded close to her back. Her head tilted to view the night sky. There the moon was, sitting gloriously in the sky. She found it, now what? There was no answering whisper in her head, nothing to give her relief that she was not crazy. But with no time to waist, she let out a high pitched nicker and snort, seeing if a horse near by would answer. If this was how she was to become one with the land, it must mean this land was owned. And owners never set their sights off their land.

Merry meet.

Ooc; sorry if its a little haphazard.. I'm still working on getting her a table

Messages In This Thread
Buried Myself Alive(Joining, open) - by Nyx - 10-06-2012, 08:27 PM