the Rift

[OPEN] No, I summon YOU

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

Ode and the reaper--two creatures of death--arrived and sent shivers through the haruspex's veins. But his dark eyes were still bugged with embarrassing and childlike devotion, his long tail was still stopped from curling by the God's commanding presence. He did everything he could, but the God was right. Whether by his own intervention or something completely extra-circumstantial, Ashamin did not have the best of luck.

At least not in the matter of his actual job, that is--of being a seer. He'd done tremendously well on all battlefields as of late, proving his late father's expectations to be incorrect and his own hesitation to be unnecessary. Perhaps the God had noticed such prowess, at least in the fight against the foreign deities. Perhaps the King of Spark would point it out...

Well look who finally decided to show up.

Ashamin's heart stung. He could not hide the emotional hurt, it manifested as a weakening of his stance and a physical blow. He staggered a step backwards and his heart beat louder and faster until he could sense little else. How long had he kept the God waiting? Ashamin forgot about all the times he had waited, all he could sense was this God's powerful impatience and his own horrible failure.

"My apologies," he murmured softly. The God would hear, the God would know. Didn't the God of the spark know all? But then again, shouldn't the God have known how fast Ashamin had run to be there now?

It occurred to Ashamin at last that maybe the Spark God knew and just didn't care. Not all Gods could be kind--Ashamin had not been promoted within the Hidden Falls or even the Dragon's Throat, which unbeknownst to him had more tolerant gods. No, he had been appointed as haruspex, servant to perhaps the most arrogant God of them all.

Still, he would be devoted. He did not know any other life than this.

"Of course..." he said in scattered reply, trying to piece together the God's words. He wanted to ask why the God had done such things but could not gather up the courage. He only thought of it, looked up blankly at the stallion with wet and hollowed eyes. "The Basin thanks you. You protected us fiercely at the Blood Falls. Your sacrifices have been generous," he said with a sideways glance at Deimos. He wasn't certain his lead or really any others in the Basin felt the same, but he knew it was his position to speak for the herd's needs and he felt he needed to express that gratitude before he could even think about any of that. He didn't know what to expect from this conversation. He didn't know much of anything at all.

The buck turned to look at Ode, now that he could focus a little better. It was Lochan that had encouraged the Haruspex to take in the boy's appearance--how was he always so grievously injured? And then the God asked if Ode had died... or at least Ashamin thought the question was for the emissary. The emissary that seemed to loathe Ashamin's authority so much, the one always covered in brooding and blood with nothing nice to say, the emissary that was Ode.

Ashamin too had died, in a dream. He remembered it so clearly, clear enough that it hurt that he was still alive. Had Ode dreamt this too? Ashamin turned back to the God, large ears perked forward, and awaited anything more the God could tell them.

""

Credit

Kick me if I screwed up post order but I have no clue how it's working right now and I was waiting for someone who I guess isn't posting IDK? Sorry.
@Mythical Request

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
No, I summon YOU - by God of the Spark - 11-08-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Rhea - 11-08-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by God of the Spark - 11-08-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Rhea - 11-08-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Ashamin - 11-08-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Öde - 11-11-2015, 11:05 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by God of the Spark - 11-12-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Deimos - 11-15-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Ashamin - 11-23-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Öde - 11-28-2015, 01:29 AM