the Rift

[PRIVATE] When gold stops Glistening

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
He listened to me speak, a diligent look in his eye. Had the Gods stumbled him into my presence to be a listening ear and a form of guidance? He spoke with such knowledge that I couldn’t help but to lower my head and glance away from him, heart reaching out for him and yet breaking all the same. As he spoke of being in love with a mare that sounded to be similar to me, I couldn’t help but to get stuck on the fact of the child. I shivered visibly to him, looking away fully. As he spoke of it not being his child, all I could think of was Tembovu and Caleb. The heartbreak that Nox must have gone through – what kind of pain did my doing cause on both of them? Was I as horrible as she? Was I just like her? It sounded to me like I could have been, and as he spoke of being depressed I only nodded, wishing to myself that my ways hadn’t taught me to be how I was. I turned my head back to him, glittering horn gentle in the light – eyes full of sorrow and upset that had only grown stronger with his words.

Nox… I’m so sorry that happened to you.” I began, voice cracking and eyes leaving his face to stare at his feet. Would he think different of me only to tell him that I wasn’t a faithful mare myself? That I had slept with nearly half the world by now, nearly any stag I had come across? I shivered again, finally closing my eyes and letting out an audible sigh. “I’m not exactly the most faithful mare either…” I began, voice shaking slightly before it grew stronger as I shifted my weight. “I don’t want you to think different of me. It’s all I knew for so long. I did it to survive and I made it this far – and yet my past has come to haunt me. I – I confessed love to two creatures. I had to make the choice between the two, and my choice of the two is possibly having his own child with another.” I could feel the tears growing behind my lids, a small burning fire at the edges of my eyes. “I caused it.” I admitted, shaking my head – trying to shake my tears away in a fateful attempt at trying to be strong in front of the creature that had been so kind to lend me a listening ear and advice. I only hoped he’d stay as my friend. The Gods knew I needed one.

"Talk?"
These friends of mine will come and go.
I’m the first to leave and the last to know.
image credits

@Mortuus Nox , OOP. Cats outta the bag now. xD
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 11-10-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 11-11-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 11-16-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 11-17-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 11-21-2015, 12:32 AM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 11-24-2015, 03:21 AM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 12-08-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 12-16-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 12-26-2015, 06:24 PM