the Rift

I'll never tell how close I came

Dante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: finished_pony_by_herculeanddaisy-d9g65gh.png]

Dante
Let the water lead us home

Helovia, she had called it. The mare he had been travelling with had ventured off a while back with clear instructions; just go straight ahead, right through the thick forest, and sure enough, you'll get there. Easy for her to say. The bush was thick and vines wrapped against his leg, mossy logs had him carefully picking his path, and trees were brushing constantly against his hide. It was a tad claustrophobic- why on earth was he doing this again? Shaking his white marked head, the stallion continued on, making small grunts of effort as he struggled to make any leeway against the formidable density.

Eventually the trees cleared slightly, and he wove around the thick trunks, breaking into a high-kneed trot. Dante was busily avoiding thinking about what lay ahead of him, and instead distracted himself with his surroundings. Birds twittered and sung, flying about the trees. It would be nice to have wings. He had met a few Pegasus in his time and with every meeting came a good helping of envy. It would be fantastic to be able to just go wherever he wished; no great body of water could stop him. Instead of endless journeys along deep rivers to find a shallower spot, he could just lift off and immediately get to the other side. It would have saved him months at a time but, well, the journey was what he wanted anyway. 

No, being here did not at all mean he had given up on his journey, on his sense of adventure. He just wanted a little break for a while, a change in scenery (but not too much of one.) Maybe he would make some friends for the journey onward; however long it would be. All in all, Dante was feeling pretty optimistic about this new experience, even if so far he hadn't seen one other horse in this supposedly "populated" area. Goodness gracious. Maybe that mare was leading him into some sort of ambush, maybe this was what would lead him to his downfall. Maybe a few steps ahead of him was a trap that would keep him immobile long enough to introduce him to the slave trade... He heard there was a great amount of magic in this area, so considering, it didn't seem like a completely outlandish concept. The flaxen liver chestnut snorted at his own thoughts and continued to stride quickly into the unknown, trying not to bemusedly laugh as the slight anxiousness in his stomach cleared as the forest grew thinner still. No traps here. 

"speech speech speech"
word count; 426
notes; hi! sorry for small post

Messages In This Thread
I'll never tell how close I came - by Dante - 11-10-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Aelin - 11-11-2015, 05:15 AM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Elsa - 11-11-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Colt - 11-11-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Imonada - 11-11-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Dante - 11-11-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Aelin - 11-11-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Elsa - 11-12-2015, 12:53 PM