the Rift

I'll never tell how close I came

Dante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: finished_pony_by_herculeanddaisy-d9g65gh.png]

Dante
Let the water lead us home

Perhaps he had spoken too soon- the stallion startled as an individual approached from his side, practically jumping out of the bushes. With a small snort he turned himself to face the creature and immediately softened. A young filly was no threat to him, even if his own size was hardly intimidating to the norm. Dante's teal eyes lingered on her wings for a brief moment before a smile settled onto his maw. "Hello, young lady." He bobbed his head in greeting, silly stupid short mane flying everywhere. It had never grown longer then that of a foal, really, and still stood in ridiculous chunks at the most inconvenient of times. It would be a good idea to look well composed, elegant, at a time like this, but clearly it was too much to ask.

He grinned again as the foal spoke up, awed by her innocence. Really, she was just adorable. It made him want to give her a little nudge of reassurance, but at the same time, he did not want to invade her space. What was she doing out alone, anyhow? Perhaps it was different here, after all, she had wings. That must be helpful. "Ah, so this is Helovia. Yes, I am new." He must have crossed onto territory just recently, and this was one of the herd members, coming to great the stranger. It must be populated indeed, for one newcomer to have an entire individual all to themselves. "What is your name youngling?" Dante queried, voice soft. It would make him feel terrible if he somehow managed to scare off the filly.

Just as he was beginning to cock his hind leg in complete relaxation, his ears picked up the sound of someone coming closer, and his eyes narrowed in on a figure walking towards them. His nostrils flared slightly. Surely this must be the foal's mother, which again gave him a sense of ease. It had been so long since he had last conversed with any more then one person at a time, and while he considered himself friendly, all these horses had distinct advantages over him. The mare joining them was significantly taller then himself and had wings. He sensed she was on edge, and considering he was standing next to a filly that he did not appear to be the father of, Dante took a few steps back, returning the mares bow. It was upon learning her name that Dante realized she was clearly not the fillies mother, and did not know the little one, either. How large was the herd that they did not know members with in it? The chocolate coated male mentally shook his head in amazement. It seemed like an enormous step, to go from a loner nomad, to entering into a herd that was so enormous they did not keep track of their young... "Greetings Elsa, my name is Dante." His deep voice remained calm even as he gave the bird a wide eyed stare. This place was odd.

As the mare, Elsa, spoke again, Dante nodded. Indeed, this was Helovia. He thought the World's Edge was a very peculiar name for a herd, but he dismissed it. The stallion gathered that this particular place must have been the 'threshold', even though to him it did not feel too hot at all. More comfortable; but considering he very much enjoyed the heat, he supposed it could be warmer then it seemed to him. "This young lady was just greeting me, I am new in these lands." He stutters out the last word and once again notices yet another individual joining them. Goodness gracious, how many people lived here? It is was as populated as it currently seemed, he would never be able to go anywhere without being accompanied by the possibility of meeting someone. That was a little... Unnerving to say the least. The approaching mare was slightly smaller then himself, painted black and white. Miraculously, she had no wings.

Being greeted as brother immediately warmed him slightly towards the mare, and perhaps a sense of kindredness. He was sure that these Pegasus were just the same as him, but even so, they were different. It wasn't that he thought they were less or more with wings, but he was just relieved to see another of the same type. It was a little overwhelming to see no one for so long, and then suddenly be blasted with the image of three others: two with wings. Dante's ears flickered slightly, but fixed themselves on the two-toned mare as she spoke again. So, she was from another herd? Dante was feeling a touch bewildered. "Pleased to meet you Colt, I am Daunte." Just as he was about to go on, another winged horse joined them. Out of politeness, the darkly coloured horse bowed back, even though he was quite lost. "Greetings Imonada." He shook his head slightly, and turned his eyes to rest on each individual. "I must admit my confusion; are you all of one herd?"  

"speech speech speech"
word count; 839
notes; its like a party :D

Messages In This Thread
I'll never tell how close I came - by Dante - 11-10-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Aelin - 11-11-2015, 05:15 AM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Elsa - 11-11-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Colt - 11-11-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Imonada - 11-11-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Dante - 11-11-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Aelin - 11-11-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Elsa - 11-12-2015, 12:53 PM