the Rift

I'll never tell how close I came

Dante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The filly was a bright light to his mood. Although he was feeling considerably overwhelmed, the stallion was grateful for the younglings presence in that she stopped him from overthinking things too greatly. He hadn't been around foals much at all since his youth, and it got him thinking about the possibility of having his own little babies running around. He would be able to grant them a much better upbringing then his own; no little mutts would tease his offspring, even if they were marked just like him. Dante doubted that the people of this land would have taunted him much anyhow, given the strange attributes such as wings that these horses had. Elsa had blue wings- blue! And a similar shade touched her hooves. Perhaps it is the norm to be so oddly coloured. Perhaps his simple deep brown coat would again be mocked but for different reasons: because he was so dull and plain. Then again, Aelin was a brownish tone (although, he did say, she almost seemed to shimmer) but her mane and tail were a colour he had not seen on a horse before.

Dante didn't want to be an oddity. He hoped wherever he found himself, he would fit in just right. The liver chestnut had no longing for fame or recognition, just the humble knowledge that he was known and loved by people, and thus, would be missed if he dropped from the earth before his time. Discontent rolled in his stomach at the thought of the decision before him, and his ears twitched slightly back, flaxen tail lashing once again his sides. He did not mean to appear rude but the fact he was in company was forgotten momentarily. It was an easy thing to disregard. Thankfully, Aelin's chirp refocused him before he could grow too melancholy and agitated, and he nodded thoughtfully as he listened to her eloquent words.

Elsa listened along too, and it put Dante at great ease to know that there would be no conflict from his decision. After all, it was clear the snowy mare had a great love and protectiveness towards foals, and if Dante chose to go with Aelin, there was no doubt Elsa would not hold any grudges towards the filly. The sturdy male kept silent till both had stopped talking, occasionally smiling or nodding along with their words, but otherwise tossing things over in his head. He had never considered himself as a particularly deep thinker- more the shallow sort, who tended to grasp thoughts and release them at free will, unless they were worrying. Worrying thoughts tended to linger in the pit of his belly, long after happiness had left. Dante was extremely grateful for these kindly souls who had taken pity on him and somewhat released the strain of making a decision.

Finally, the white-dipped stallion came to a decision. He smiled broadly and pulled himself a little more upright, even if the upwards twitch of his maw was a tad forced. "I thank you all so much." Dante murmured, ears and gaze flickering to each of the equines present. "All of your homes sound delightful and I am very pleased to make all of your acquaintances." He paused again, and hoped he wasn't appearing too melodramatic. But oh, the suspense! Inwardly, the 14.1HH male snickered, and the humor had his slight smile more sincere as he turned his teal optics towards the youngest member of the group. "At this stage, I hope to visit the Throat with Aelin, if that is still alright with her. I may also visit all of your territories, as all the places you have described seem most homely." Dante spoke gently but enthusiastically, clearly lightened by his own decision, and too, with the sense of adventure he was beginning to feel. Who knows what was instore for him.

speak speak speak

Messages In This Thread
I'll never tell how close I came - by Dante - 11-10-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Aelin - 11-11-2015, 05:15 AM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Elsa - 11-11-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Colt - 11-11-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Imonada - 11-11-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Dante - 11-11-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Aelin - 11-11-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Elsa - 11-12-2015, 12:53 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Colt - 11-13-2015, 08:47 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Imonada - 11-15-2015, 01:04 PM