[OPEN] Forest Walks

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Alune
Do not presume that just because I am a seer,
my fury has been checked

Though he didn't reply to the last jest of Elsa and her companion, the humor stayed in his eyes, it peppered their never ending glow with a touch of lightness.

Alune was no stranger to dead Gods, for he saw and had heard of such tales. Through the memories of Oracles that came before, that had been gifted in his conception by the blessing of his Goddess, he saw Gods rendered and broken. Their backs twisted and gnarled against rock and river beds as they sacrificed themselves to allow his homeland another breath. Their bones left to be reclaimed by the sea and grasses they had been birthed from, they let them find peace upon the ground they had given their life to protect. To bury them in ceremonial splendor seemed foolish and trivial, a paltry offering in comparison to the battle they had fought and lost.

The memories were not pleasant, but they dwelled in his soul not to be kind, knowledgeable voices that whispered their secrets to him. They lurked his inner halls to serve as grave warnings and unbridled guides for those that came after their original owner had perished to time and fate.

See and know. Learn and reflect.

He had also met those that had lost their faith, broken warriors whose light had left them. Righteous men and women whose faith had faltered under great hardship. The lunar sentinel knew not to judge them for speaking against the Gods from such scarred, battered wells of pain. It was his duty to understand and reassure those who had traveled off the beaten path, that if they ever returned to the warmth of the moon, she would be there to welcome them back into her alabaster embrace.

Even now, when he was no longer the voice of his beloved Goddess, he remained entirely devoted to her. He would prove to her here he was worthy of her blessed gift once more.

"She certainly has an eye for detail, doesn't she?" He grinned, grand leonine tail flickered languidly with his words before another laugh rumbled deep from him. "Though, I wouldn't have said no to a pair of wings. It was rather frustrating to listen to the Time Keeper go on and on about the magnificence of her own. If I had had a coin for every time she boasted." Despite the Time Keepers rather just vanity of herself, for he could not deny she had been a thing of extreme beauty, he missed her rather bold declarations and council. As did he miss the diversity of the other Oracles.

Perhaps his words were audacious, but the lunar stallion knew that even Grand Queens and Kings needed an ear to listen to their troubled minds, one that would be truthful and bold despite the superiority of the voice that filled their ears. He had advised the ruler of his nation before, and had often been, as had the other Oracles, her unbiased and caring council when the official business had ended.

He also found it incredibly disrespectful to sugar coat and water down words spoken to a monarch, they deserved honest answers in whatever ailed them, did they not?

Tembovu's words draw a thoughtful look from him, invisible eyebrows pulling together as he mulled over a reply. "Faith one of many ways to bring a nation together," He pauses to glance at his King and then turned his gaze to the ocean, "but I also know that not everyone, no matter where you travel, feels devotion and comfort in Gods and their voices." His voice faded once more, in order to come up with other ideas that would give the elephant king a broader avenue to explore. "I do not discredit it as an avenue to follow, as I would be disrespecting the Goddess in doing so. She deserves to be at least respected by all who call her lands their home and sanctuary. The answer to your problems may be either in a celebration of the herd and land, or a task. There is much of this land that has not been utilized or built upon that could host a number of glass buildings. Or, seeing as the great wall, I assume had protected our fine land now lies shattered, a rallying to fortify our home? Before we build our glass halls."

When he's finished speaking, he casts an inquisitive glance to the plains marked man beside him. He is not privy to the woes of the heart, both by experience and concealed details by Tembovu's own doing, so he does not pry to see if there is more that troubled him. He waits for his reply to his idea's instead, while the gears of his mind turned to produce more if he finds Alune's reply lacking.

"talk talk talk"

[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Messages In This Thread
Forest Walks - by Alune - 11-12-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Forest Walks - by Tembovu - 11-16-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: Forest Walks - by Alune - 11-17-2015, 09:03 AM
RE: Forest Walks - by Tembovu - 11-18-2015, 11:35 PM
RE: Forest Walks - by Alune - 11-20-2015, 08:07 AM