the Rift

[OPEN] Fire Fight [Challenge Watching]

Shahrokh Posts: 19
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 2 years
dark
SHAHROKH

This time it was me who stepped away, I took the initiative and left mama. But that's only because she seemed rather tired today, laying on her side and refusing to move. I think I heard her crying, and I tried to push my nose to her face but she pushed me away with the force of her wing. It hurt and I don't know why it did, but turning around (sort of, I had to put my foot out to make sure I wasn't about to stumble over mama) really hurt. I felt something in my stomach, little painful stabs making me sick as I dizzily made my way away from mama. I didn't know why she was so sad, but the air around her felt dense and heavy. It was suffocating and dreadful, and my lungs heaved with each breathe I took as I stepped farther and farther away from mama. My knees grew weak and my feet started to drag as I took a few more steps, greeted by the comforting presence of mama's zephyr perched upon my withers. 

My panicked thoughts were ever so abruptly put on hold as screaming erupts into the distance, my undeveloped mind taking it upon itself to kick in the good old instincts. Run it tells me, but I'm too scared to do that. I stand in place with my eyes widening and my heart ready to get up out of my chest and run without me. I fall forward a few more steps, Yseult giving a sharp squeeze to my bruising shoulders as a warning that I was making her unhappy. "I'm sorry birdie." I mumble, taking a few more cautious steps before faint voices rise up, my trembling legs pushing me forward just another step. 

"Hello?" I reach out and swipe at the air with my nose, brows narrowing with frustration as I hesitantly proceed. "I.. I can't see you.." I try to inform whoever was nearby that there was a blind boy trying not to get squashed. "Why is there yelling?" I question the loud bellow I'd heard earlier, the war call making me jump from my skin and leaving my spine tingling. I just wanted someone to explain what was happening, because this overwhelming fear that maybe we're being attacked and that in the next few minutes my short life is going to end is consuming me whole-heartedly. I think I can hear my paranoia and anxieties laughing at me in the back of my head because of how foolishly helpless they render me. 

[Image: 2heg5lx.jpg]
[Image: dark1_by_schwartze-d8al7s3.png]
and this is the world as i see it now,
turns out nothing is fair

Messages In This Thread
Fire Fight [Challenge Watching] - by Aelin - 11-12-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: Fire Fight [Challenge Watching] - by Shahrokh - 11-12-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Fire Fight [Challenge Watching] - by Megaera - 11-13-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: Fire Fight [Challenge Watching] - by Zenobia - 11-13-2015, 10:15 AM