the Rift

[OPEN] Fire Fight [Challenge Watching]

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
Shit. What in the world was going on? One moment I was taking a walk in the nice, cool night and the next thing I know I was pushed aside by Pa. Confusion contorted my facial features as I watched the Wildfire burn with a fierce intensity. My heart skipped a beat - had I done something wrong? Ever since our spar.. Gods, I had put on such a terrible display. I used sneaky methods unfit for a warrior and my performance had been fairly poor. David didn't even touch Goliath in that scenario. Badly injured, I had managed to avoid him. While we had fought side by side in the battle against the tigress "god", I had - once again - showed a terrible display. I had missed the tiger twice and took more damage than dealt.

When the spine shivering yell came from his mouth I winced. However, its wrath was not directed towards me. Steal..? That's when I noticed the filthy mare.. Fuck. I'm an idiot. I didn't even notice the girl's presence. My father had to protect me like I was a little filly again. The skin beneath my hair burned in embarrassment. How had I been so oblivious? Yet at the same time I felt...

Happy.

Pa was fighting for me, for his daughter. His seething fury burned the air. This display of power was all to protect me. Even the way he hovered before me. Part of me wanted to protest as getting a piece of the rat that tried to steal from me would be wonderful, but at the same time I was content with watching Pa protect me. I couldn't conceal the silly grin that lightened my heavy heart. "Save some for me, Ave."

A crowd was beginning to gather, drawn to the Sultan's flames like moths. Aelin's young voice immediately grabbed my attention and my guard skyrocketed back up. I couldn't let her get to close. Gaucho shielded us, but I had to make sure no attacks could harm the rest of my family due to my ignorance. "I'm okay, Aelin." I assured her, attempting to nuzzle my youngest sister. "A trespasser was stalking me, it appears." I wasn't worried about the battle between my father and the would-be thief. Pa would stomp her, no doubt. I mean, he was Gaucho the Wildfire. Gaucho the Invincible.

Watching him battle sure was a pleasure that brought back that awe I felt as a child. Even when he was kicking my ass in our spar, watching him was always so incredible: the way he dominated all those who crossed him. However, my attention was drawn to a nervous sounding voice. I turned to see another foal. A blind one. Immediately I stepped forward some, wings spread as a shield in front of both children. When unfurling, I tried to brush my wing gently against the blind colt to assure him he was safe. "Our Sultan is challenging a trespasser. Don't worry, he'll keep us safe." And I'd die before I let any harm come to these precious little souls.

Geez. I never realized how strong my maternal instincts. Or maybe I did. They had always been there, but as I aged they began to grow.

When the Sultana arrived I bowed my head in respect and a silent apology. After all, this battle was happening because I hadn't been aware of my surroundings. "Sultana." I greeted her formally. She took action to protect the young ones, much like I. I nodded to her, signaling I had her back.

While I kept my eyes glued to the battle, I addressed Megaera's young child, "Asavvi, I presume? Already you're growing so well: no doubt you'll be a fierce warrior like your mother and father." Not that she had to be a warrior. Gods. Maybe I said the wrong thing. I didn't want to give off the wrong impression. "Or, well, whichever path you choose to pursue." What a lame way to correct the mistake.

As I mentally cursed myself, I kept my vision trained on the battle. My heart beat as wildly as the flames of my father. I watched closely, eyes attempting to absorb his every movement so that I might incorporate it into my battle tactics. And, of course, I kept an eye out for any attacks that might reach the young foals.

ooc this post is lame. i'm sorry. ;-;

Zenobia
quote quote quote
image credits
table by whit
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
Fire Fight [Challenge Watching] - by Aelin - 11-12-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: Fire Fight [Challenge Watching] - by Shahrokh - 11-12-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Fire Fight [Challenge Watching] - by Megaera - 11-13-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: Fire Fight [Challenge Watching] - by Zenobia - 11-13-2015, 10:15 AM