the Rift

[PRIVATE] The World Inside

Ming Yue Posts: 36
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall
Danjah

Ming Yue

Take a look at me now, there's just an empty space.

Her smile felt warm against the pools of Ming and somehow the fae felt like she was in comfortable environment even with what was technically a stranger. And a blind one at that. She stood there so calm and collected and that was something that Ming Yue could not disrespect - it took guts to feel so safe when you were without sight, especially if you were used to seeing things your whole life. The conversation was still on the point of the demi-god, and Maren had let on that this Mesec brute was not the only one, but one of four. Her lobes were pricked upright with the sound of how many mythical beings walked amongst them. But she was determined to meet this Mesec, particularly as he was the one who had been born unto the Moon Goddess. Her reasoning was simply to find out things and to quell her need to have some sort of connection with her beloved god. She spoke up to Maren with her tone unusually high in the excitement of what was being said,
"I would love to meet Mesec one day, Maren. To be one of four demi-gods in this land would be incredibly honouring." She instinctively dipped her cranium in sequence with her words, forgetting how the beautiful fae in front of her would not be able to see it.

But she let her embarrassment slide. What Maren did not see, Ming Yue would not worry over. But it seemed that her negative thoughts were only more justified by the reaction her acquaintance had had by her knowing of Ming Yue's Riftian past. She was  a Riftian at heart and perhaps would always remain that way, unless Helovia would change these thoughts. But what twisted her heart so much was the way the pretty fae seemed after that point, and that hurt. The smile she had bore was suddenly lost into the glittering cave room and she spotted her sightless faze falling just as her smile had done. Ming's rump twitched with the uncertainty of what was just about to happen. What would she do? And what had she done? The tension between them was all too much.

Maren then let the words tumble out of her mouth with what felt like venom seeping into the azurine dame's heart.

"What right do you have to listen... to ask me to gift you my knowledge... while it is you and your bretren who have given up your own land, letting it be destroyed by your own poisonous minds."

The words, the words of what she had been worrying about deep down. This land was never going to be her true home in a sence, so why did it matter so much to her? Why did it hurt so much that this girl in front of her was the one to say the words? It probably would not have meant so much if it had come from another, even Deimos or Rikyn. But from Marren it was another matter. But Maren continued and Ming Yue could feel the striped queen throwing daggers into her bodice again and again...

"If you don't leave it will only be a matter of time before we get infected as well."

The memories of her terrible last year in the Rift came flooding back and it was hard to hold back the tears and the wailing of what had happened. The typically cool character was going to be awash with the salt of her pain. How she had lost her adopted family, almost starved to death, witness creatures being cut down by the devil itself and the fright of possibly never surviving. The hatred seered off the fae's body and in turn the despair in Ming's was being sweated out. But she felt the courage to speak through the lumps in her throat as she tried to say something, "To brand me as one of those who ruined my homeland is to make a mockery of the being I am. I had no part in it, and for that I was cursed to reap the disavantages of my own faith and to be drawn out and starved until my dying days. Whatever it was that brought the Blood Falls to the lands of Helovia was not my doing, but it was my life giver. And for that I have every right to be here. It was fate," the words came tumbling out with the sounds of sniffing as she tried to hold back the tears and remembering hearing the screams of those who had fallen, "You would rather us all die for the pleasure of not having to covort with us? We are the same as you Maren, I am the same as you. I am of your species." To say that she did not belong here cut Ming Yue in two and that was that. Their ties were lost.

Before concluding her words and being ready to run and hide, and of course wallow in her misery she spoke once more to Maren, "It seems you are more different to me than I ever wanted and for you to think that of me kills me... I thought you would be different," she hesitated and let a tear fall down her pretty face, "You disappoint me."

image credits

@Maren

Please tag Ming Yue in all threads! ♥

Messages In This Thread
The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 11-13-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 12-02-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 12-26-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 01-28-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 01-30-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 02-07-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 02-09-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 02-15-2016, 11:38 AM