the Rift

[DROP] Baby of Mine [Common NSS]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

She is an attentive listener, the elephant, and keeps quiet eye contact with each speaker. The beast is surprised that so many hold parental tendencies in a bond meant for equality, but awaits her turn to shed light and wisdom down upon them as a mother should. When they quiet, so diverse in their desires and their reasons, she clears her throat softly and blinks down at them from her towering height. First she looks to Brisa and Rexanna, the two with tragic pasts and children haunting their steps – though the term was used in contrasting ways, between them. “A child it may be, but n’er forget that a bond is meant for equality.” They could mother it in its infancy, but she hoped they’d take her words to heart regardless of who she chose. Who the egg chose.

Then to Ilios, whom she appraises with the knowledge only a magical creature such as she can know. “You’ve family and friends in spades, my child, look to them to find your aid.” Ah, but children were capable of being sullen and stubborn. He could take her advice as he wished. And Arya, whose plight she could understand in her own age. “You are young yet, do not fret. You’ve time to find a soul that is meant for your mind.” Even in her immortality she was young, and had plenty of chances ahead of her to find the perfect match for herself that she so sought.

To Badger she offered a smile, happy to see the beginnings of a good bonded in him. But others, like young Galiel, did not even know what bonding entailed. “You will learn in time,” she assured him, for Helovia was too ripe with magic for him to not figure out the ways that dictated her own actions. Ah, but curiosity was something prevalent in youth, and she turned a critical but fond eye to the one-winged youth.

“Who says it is not choosing now?” She lifted the egg gently as if to display it. “You cannot hear it sing, but an elephant knows everything. It has freedom to choose which of you it will be bonded to, you see. I hear it, and it wants to be bonded. When you are lonely you seek your family, and it is lonely too. It knows in heart of hearts if it will go with you.” The egg pulsed happily in her trunk, ready and willing to be promised and vowed to one of the souls before the grand elephant. She beamed down at Tiamat, resuming the rocking motions, pleased to hear all these good answers.

Ah, but she had to choose one of them. The egg was warm and ready in her trunk, and though it could form no words it directed her to choose the one it wanted so badly to be one with.

To Brisa she turned and gently uncurled her trunk. Reluctant, for how she loved the child, but knowing that the gentle mother would be a perfect match for the little life inside. “It has chosen you,” she said warmly, trunk uncurling and leaving the egg safely deposited between the pale mare’s hooves. Her trunk swayed to gesture to all that had gathered, eyes warm knowing they would feel the loss keenly at first. “Hold hope tonight, you will find your soul’s bond in time.” And awaited their departure, wanting to see Brisa’s reaction and ensure they were all safe and sound before she took her leave. To other realms and calls she would have to answer.

Congratulations to Brisa! You’ve won a Common Kitsune! Please post in updates with the name and ability when you’ve decided. It can hatch at any time you choose. 

All others may use this drop as a refusal for next time. 

List, Winner

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Baby of Mine [Common NSS] - by Random Event - 11-14-2015, 06:55 PM
RE: Baby of Mine [Common NSS] - by Badger - 11-14-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Baby of Mine [Common NSS] - by Brisa - 11-14-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: Baby of Mine [Common NSS] - by Rexanna - 11-14-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: Baby of Mine [Common NSS] - by Mirabella - 11-15-2015, 12:05 AM
RE: Baby of Mine [Common NSS] - by Zèklè - 11-15-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: Baby of Mine [Common NSS] - by Ilios - 11-16-2015, 03:54 AM
RE: Baby of Mine [Common NSS] - by Aelin - 11-16-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Baby of Mine [Common NSS] - by Tiamat - 11-16-2015, 04:35 PM