the Rift

iron-clad freedoms

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

"I'm sorry." He said and all I could do was stand there and stare at him and wait for him to say something else, because I really didn't think that he had called me to him after so long just to apologize to me. "I was so blinded by hate, by loss..." He continued on and I wanted so badly to interrupt him and tell him that he wasn't the only one who suffered loss.  I had also lost my brother and my father and had my whole world turned upside down. I think there was a part of me that was scared to speak up and say what was on my mind because I already felt like I had come so close to losing my brother that speaking up would just drive him farther away from me. I didn't want to be alone. But I felt like I had to say something, to express how I had felt as I watched him plummet headlong into an attack that could have ended with him just as dead as Hototo.

"I was.... angry... for a long time after the Goddess' battle." I admitted. "At you. Momma. Aunt Phi... Archi." Unlike the rest of them I had lashed out at him verbally. I had screamed at him and told him things out of anger that, when I looked back, I wasn't proud of. I would have to seek him out at a later date to apologize to him for being so mean. "When I saw you attacking I was so scared that she would do to you what she did to Toto and everyone else... I was scared that I would lose you, too, and I was angry that you would put yourself in that situation." I blinked and I stared hard at the ground for the longest time as I tried to formulate what else it was that I wanted to say and when it hit me the simplicity of it made me smile. "I love you, Cera." I murmured to my brother. "And I don't want you to leave me. Ever. I need you right here by my side."

"You've grown so much. I looked away for a second, and..."

My smile grew and I closed the distance that Cera had left between us because I hated it. I hated feeling like I was separated from someone that I cared so much about. When I reached him I aimed to tuck my neck under his. "I'm not too big for you to hold me." I said and I hoped so badly that he would pull me closer because it had been far too long since I'd felt safe and secure in my brother's embrace. "I'll never be too big for this." There was a surge of pride that rocketed through my whole body when Cera told me that he was proud of me in the battles. I still had mixed emotions about the whole ordeal because I was far from being a fighter. "I wanted to protect our family." I said. "I had to." I hadn't wanted to be the damsel in distress anymore, I wanted to be able to help.

"Can you forgive me?"

It was, perhaps, the easiest question anyone could have ever asked me. "Of course." I said without hesitation. No matter what Cera did I would always forgive him because I loved him.

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Cera

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
iron-clad freedoms - by Cera - 11-15-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: iron-clad freedoms - by Ranjiri - 11-15-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: iron-clad freedoms - by Cera - 11-22-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: iron-clad freedoms - by Ranjiri - 11-28-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: iron-clad freedoms - by Cera - 12-01-2015, 12:30 AM