the Rift

[PRIVATE] Reunion Minus One / The Beautiful Remains of Love

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

She feels heavier, now that she's dead.

This is not the first time she has ridden upon her bonded's back, but it will be the last. And it is the only time she will lay across it breathless--already beginning to rot. Her fur is matted and her eyes have been cemented shut with blood. When Knox steps and her body shudders along his spine, it looks like she is still breathing.

Milo was scared, at first. Knox could tell just by looking at the boy that such a sight was not one that should be forced upon him. So he had bent down, said, "Milo, I am going to help. I will make your eye quiet. I need you to trust me. Stay close, listen, and follow me home."

And though the golden look that was returned perfectly explained their relationship, that there was no reason for Milo to trust his father, Milo obeyed and stood perfectly still. Knox watched as silver slipped into his son's left eye. "Stay on my right, son," he'd whispered in comfort.

"Stay on my right," for the rest of your life.

So they walked. Knox ahead, certain that this was the best place to go. He had thought of taking her to the dark woods where they had found each other, but he did not know if he could ever go there again. There was nothing for him there, let the wings and his fathers bones rot in solitude.

Milo on his right.

I, no she, no I no, Manhattan on his back, looking like she was still breathing.

So we no they just they walked. Towards home, towards Aylin, towards the family and love promised and the reunion minus one. Knox had unfinished business, he had to return.

Heavy is the heart that beats beneath the corpse of its love. Heavy is the body that must carry home its only friend's body. Heavy is the mind now abandoned by its crutches. Heavy is the hunter without his bow.

They are heavy always, but they arrive. They arrive with that business still left undone, Milo with his left eye blind to the horror of a corpse. They are waiting for the missing piece of their family, but they know they won't have to wait long.

Aylin has always been loyal.

""

Knox & Manhattan
Image Credits!

@Aylin @Archibald

Messages In This Thread
Reunion Minus One / The Beautiful Remains of Love - by Knox - 11-16-2015, 05:33 PM