the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Saw You [Isopia]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

ashamin
The Haruspex

Ashamin pulled himself away from conflict with impatient pain. His whole body ached and his heart beat too quickly to listen to attentively. He needed to focus, he needed to step back, he needed to calm down...

The fight was over, that much was clear. She did not parry and he did not press on, whatever sudden conflagration had occurred was now to cease with horrible gut wrenching quiet. And there was never really quiet, either--the silence was occupied by labored breathing, the ticking of his mind as he tried to piece together her words.

Why did he think he knew her?

His temper, surprising and new, still burned but it was already beginning to die. "At the battle of the Blood Falls, you fought against us. Regardless of your intentions, you and your magic harmed many. It was nothing short of sacrilege and betrayal, as far as I am concerned. Tonight you attacked me without honor, hiding in the shadows. If not for the luck of that charm," he said with a vague gesture to the shattered parts of the amulet behind him on the rotunda floor, "How long would you have struck out at me from afar, staying out of reach?"

The question did not bite. It was genuine. But it was hurt, too. There was something disgusting at the thought of his standing confused in the shadows, being struck over and over by an unseen force. Was that really a fair challenge or just abuse?

"I don't know you. I did not say I did. I'd have to understand you to know you, and I don't understand a single damn thing that you've done that I've ever seen. And if I weren't a Haruspex I'd have run from this and kicked you as I went, but I'm staying here and I'm talking to you because it's my job to try and understand you. " His eyes, black pits, burned with an unseen need. He had much to say, perhaps to put off the listening.

It was his job to know her, to understand her, to understand as much as he could. But right now he really did want to run and kick her as he went. He wanted to go home and lick his wounds, wanted to hide in the familiar shadows of his cave. He wanted to be where Lochan was waiting for him, back home. This place, this company, was the last thing he wanted.

But it was exactly what he needed.

""

Image Credits

Continued directly from this spar: I See You
@Isopia
(Sorry for the little wait! No need to tag, just throw me a skype message.)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
I Saw You [Isopia] - by Ashamin - 11-23-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Isopia - 11-23-2015, 09:25 PM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Ashamin - 12-12-2015, 07:15 AM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Isopia - 12-12-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Ashamin - 12-14-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Isopia - 12-14-2015, 10:42 AM