the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Saw You [Isopia]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
         in places deep with roots entwined
i live among you, well disguised
Isopia focused on the pain that still, rather annoyingly, was vibrating through her wounded leg. She had allowed her mind to recognize that it was there - what more was there to do? What did it continue to cry out? Why not simply use the energy expended by those pained screams, to begin knitting itself back together? Indeed, her magic was not hindered by her wound - moss and grasses already clung and wove themselves up her long legs, blending her into the ground.

Flatly the demi-goddess regards the Haruspex as he speaks. Her golden eyes stare at him passively and clinically, as if still trying to determine if he is worth her time. She blinks slowly as he voices accusations which are patently false. Perhaps he hit his head during his tumble off of her pillars, for surely some sort of brain damage is at fault here? The girl's brows knit together as he continues. Already she is bored. If this is going to be a misguided lecture, she at least wishes he would hurry up. Her mind moves so much faster than those around her, that she often feels aggravated at the lull between their words.

"You are incorrect."

Briefly, she considers leaving it at that. He is wrong about so many things. Does she really need to recount each of his divergences from the truth? Inwardly she knows she does. She can't abide faulty beliefs.

"I did not fight against anyone. I fought for understanding and patience. I fought for a reprieve so that a life wouldn't be senselessly taken. And no one was hurt by my actions." Isopia's memory was as fallible as anyone's - but as she replayed the tactics she employed, she was confident that no one suffered because of her magical buffers.

"How were my actions either honourable or not? You asked for a challenge - what does my placement with relation to a light source, have to do with my integrity?  You sought a challenge, and are now dismayed because it was not the type of challenge you intended? So what?" But her so what was anything but nonchalant or careless. This was her challenge to him. Even so, her voice remained nearly sterile and academic, though the ire in her gaze suggested she was annoyed by his continued stupidity.

"No you don't know me." She continued, rather glad that he didn't. "Yet you call me faithless and say I act without honour or decency. You mistake caution for cowardice, and use your title as a justification for being disgruntled."

She knew the word Haruspex. She knew all the words, the titles. He was what She was, in a way. Though she was likely far, far better at it by default.

"You judge me as if you know me, and as if you know better than me. And I am the one who is called dishonourable?"

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
I Saw You [Isopia] - by Ashamin - 11-23-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Isopia - 11-23-2015, 09:25 PM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Ashamin - 12-12-2015, 07:15 AM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Isopia - 12-12-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Ashamin - 12-14-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Isopia - 12-14-2015, 10:42 AM