the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Saw You [Isopia]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
         in places deep with roots entwined
i live among you, well disguised

[COULDN'T RESIST.]

If it would please you, you have won.

Isopia's brows knit together in obvious confusion, and a wave of troubled understanding broke through her stoic exterior. "Won what?" She mumbled in response - only voicing half of the pertinent questions in her mind. The second half being, and why would winning please me? But as he began to move, Isopia bit back on the latter half of her thought, and watched him go.

His following statement sounded .. defeatist, or at the very least like he was taking the easy way out. Why bother saying something at all, if later it becomes unimportant? What made it lose its value? Why did being angry entail words which were unmeant? That he accused her of an inability to learn made her snort and shake her quad-horned skull sadly. Learning was all she did, was all that mattered to her. Yet the foundationalessness of his words made it such that no real ire boiled up in her system. How could it? In a sense Isopia did feel his weariness - she was tired of correcting him endlessly.

Besides, don't you think we have done enough damage already?

But no, she hadn't. Even as he washed away the blood of their tussle, Isopia's body was already beginning to knit itself back together. As mosses and grasses roamed their way up her formidable legs, her godly blood was at work on the inside. The gash on her knee had already clotted and was nearly closed, with a new layer of skin already having formed over the wound. She was by no means an athletic creature at this point, but no longer did she feel as exhausted as she had when their spar had ended.

Silently, Isopia stared at the Haruspex as new ripples broke across the surface of the water with each of his movements. Once again, and surely not for the last time, she felt dejected. She was an outsider, with no one else in the world who thought as she did, and hungered as she did. Nothing she ever did was right - not by the meagre standards of the mortals around her. Maybe she was starting to understand the plight of her Father and her godly kin. Maybe she understood why the mortals hated them so much, and why they seemingly did not care.

And so, with another burst of magic - this time a magic far more outward looking than the inward powers which had been at work during her silent contemplation, Isopia slipped into her petite ravens body and disappeared into the night. Leaving Ashamin once again alone in the moonlight.

@Ashamin

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
I Saw You [Isopia] - by Ashamin - 11-23-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Isopia - 11-23-2015, 09:25 PM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Ashamin - 12-12-2015, 07:15 AM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Isopia - 12-12-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Ashamin - 12-14-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: I Saw You [Isopia] - by Isopia - 12-14-2015, 10:42 AM