the Rift

[OPEN] Crocodile Tears [Joining]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

Deep blue eyes rivet from Elsa to the great Alune as he followed on the heels of the icy pegasus and young filly. He nodded in agreement at his words, this was miserable weather, especially for a little one with no nourishment and injured knees. Though, at the moon-touched’s promise of finding Hera’s dam, a sliver of agitation entered his azure eyes. There was little chance— especially if the child lost her mother outside Helovia’s magical borders— that she would reunite with her again.

This concern was confirmed as Elsa began talking, indirectly answering his questions as she spoke to the foal. As she explained and questioned after a nurse mare, he followed her eyes towards Edgar. Indeed, the little companion had not found the mother, after all. He returned his eyes to the grey filly of brightly colored leg-feathers as she began to sound out her name.

A lopsided smile crossed his face, despite the tragedy and miserable weather, at the sound of such a young voice. “Hera is a grand name,” his voice was low, but rumbled above the storm. Beginning to shift so that he was closer to the little Hera, he addressed the General and Philosopher, “I agree, a Moon Doctor should look at her knees. Though Elsa is right, Alune. you should wait until morning and the end of the storm to find one— I don’t think you’d have much luck finding one now.” He paused, thinking of her needing a wet mare, “And yes, I know that Nyx has just given birth to twins. But I am not certain that she has enough milk for even those two, let alone a third…” his face clouds somewhat as he begins to fold his legs beneath him. “But I will search in the morning.”

Finally collapsing his great bulk beside the small foal, he looked to the bleeding, soaking filly with gentle eyes. A suspiciously large yawn suddenly split his face as he exaggerated the motions of settling himself into the damp, but soft, earth beneath the tree. Glancing at Hera, the smallest of grins turned up the corners of his mouth, “This surely is the most comfortable tree in the Edge.” He rests his back against the thick trunk, allowing for a small, perfectly sized spot on his side, should a filly wish to curl up there. “And, surely, you must be cold,” indeed the rain was chilly, yet the Elephant’s gave of heat in wisps of steam that curled from his coat.
image credits
- table by Niki -

@Hera @Elsa @Alune

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Crocodile Tears [Joining] - by Hera - 11-19-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Crocodile Tears [Joining] - by Elsa - 11-20-2015, 10:01 AM
RE: Crocodile Tears [Joining] - by Hera - 11-20-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Crocodile Tears [Joining] - by Tembovu - 11-22-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: Crocodile Tears [Joining] - by Alune - 11-23-2015, 04:26 AM
RE: Crocodile Tears [Joining] - by Elsa - 11-23-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: Crocodile Tears [Joining] - by Hera - 11-23-2015, 08:54 PM