the Rift

yardstick for lunatics (any!)

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
to die by your side,
Was I thinking of leaving? Why was I back here anyway? A million thoughts ran through my head, many of them resulting in the same similar fact of feeling useless. I didn’t have anything to show for my time being here other than strained muscles and roads traveled by my hooves quite often. No friends, no company, just lonely old me. Like it had been since she died. I found myself angry and a bit sad again, frustrated at the idea that the darkness that had decided to steal my sister away – beasts of which seemed to be visible in the Rift fights. Their destruction not nearly as detrimental as my home’s had been. Perhaps that was because there were more people willing to protect their homes. But it was supposed to be our duties to protect our homes and it backfired on us. They looked to us for protection and what could we do for them? Die? Well, that’s exactly what my sister did. Died, right in front of me. And in my effort of trying to revive her or do something, the menacing black panther of night destroyed me as well. I used to be a plain unicorn, pristine and white, bright blue eyes full of life. That wasn’t the case any longer. I walked with a darkened marking on my hind left leg, scars running up both edges of my mouth in a gruesome smile, more scars running over my eyes, and finally that regretful broken horn.

I shamed myself often about my appearance. Being a diplomat back home was something that was of a high stature for the more attractive looking creatures. And here I was, destroyed entirely by something out of my control. And like most of my travels, they resulted due to the fact of being upset. I found myself wandering the trees of the Threshold once again, contemplating if I should just pass over it again and try to find a different life since this one didn’t seem to be going quite as I had hoped. But before I could make a split second decision, I heard speaking from just beyond a line of thick trees. Curiosity always got the best of me at times, but not nearly to the point of my past. You learn from your mistakes. But I hadn’t made a mistake here yet so with that idea rushing into my head, I decided to peek around the corner of it. Completely oblivious to the reminders of my scarring and my mental scars of terrifying the innocent. Pale legs carried me out into the small grouping just as a blue mare spoke. Glassy blue eyes travelled to her momentarily before turning to face the – was it a newcomer? He didn’t smell of this land. Oh would this be the day I actually could accomplish something here? Helping someone find their home? It would make so much more sense for me to do these kinds of things, given my past history and all. So why hadn’t I pushed myself to do it?

I studied the stallion for a moment, silent as I let the oceanic mare speak. He looked similar to me, pale, a unicorn, and wary. Well, we had some things in common then. When the mare finished, I smiled to the two of them, stained red scars moving with the movement of my lips. Dipping my crowned – broken – head to the two of them I cleared my throat. “Hello, friend. The aquamarine mare is correct, you’ve found yourself on Helovia’s Threshold. I am Glasgow, welcome!” I paused, voice slightly wavering but gaining a bit of strength with the more words I uttered. “Forgive me for I haven’t spoken much recently. I, too, wound up on this Threshold unsure of where I was but I managed to stumble across one of the greatest lands I’ve ever been to.” I finished softly, a single white ear shifting backward slightly in a bit of embarrassment. Had I just admitted that I didn’t speak much but then praise this place? What was I doing? Giving this creature the wrong impression from the beginning was a terrible way to start. But then again, if you looked at my face you’d think the same. “However, I live in the World’s Edge – a home located on the edge of the water and hidden by beautiful cliffs shrouded in mists. If you’re looking for a place to stay or even take a tour of to get a lay of the land, I’d happily offer you to join me.” I spoke softly, offering another small smile to the pale stag and a small glance with a smile to the mare named Tiamat. Did I do this right? Why did it feel so strange?

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

Yes welcome! :D
He's a great read! <3 if you have any questions we can do our best to answer them for you :)

Messages In This Thread
yardstick for lunatics (any!) - by Bluebell - 11-21-2015, 02:42 AM
RE: yardstick for lunatics (any!) - by Tiamat - 11-21-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: yardstick for lunatics (any!) - by Glasgow - 11-21-2015, 05:36 AM