the Rift

[OPEN] See you [Fire-watching]

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God listened patiently - and not just to words Maren spoke. He listened to the way her soul seemed to crumple in response to his movements, how her eyes dipped low and her countenance faltered somewhat. He listened to her sadness and confusion, but also to the way she appeared to rally before him - as if growing stronger in her doubt of herself - and then finally to listen to her actual voice, as she addressed him.

The God smiled as she mentioned the Church. Indeed he had seen its slow progress. Hadn't it begun what Gaucho originally created a bridge for the Throat? That was seasons ago now - but it was as Maren said. Such projects were often left unfinished, their end and yields too far away to keep everyone motivated.

"I understand." He rumbled gently with a warm, graceful nod of his sleek neck. "You have done well to get them this far Maren. It is not easy to keep a herd moving in the same direction, to keep their eyes on a goal that they do not understand. They will all, very likely, love and admire the church when it is finished, but will they all lend themselves to complete it? No. They won't. Will they all try to take credit, professing how they helped you in its creation? Very likely." He chuckled, shaking his horned skull at the thought. "Such is the way of things, I'm afraid." He continued. "My fire burns here eternally - that should serve as enough of a reminder. Should any cast doubt on the building project or its importance, merely direct their gaze back to this fire. In it, they shall surely see the truth and importance of the work they do."

The God's fiery body began to fade and waver, like hot air over a fire. The landscape behind him began to bleed through as he slowly disappeared.

"But know this Maren - regardless of the speed of your progress, know that I am well pleased with you."

And with that, his elegantly sculpted body disappeared into a flurry of shimmering sparks.

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
See you [Fire-watching] - by Maren - 11-21-2015, 08:20 AM
RE: See you [Fire-watching] - by Mesec - 11-21-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: See you [Fire-watching] - by Maren - 11-28-2015, 07:13 AM
RE: See you [Fire-watching] - by Mesec - 12-01-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: See you [Fire-watching] - by God of the Sun - 12-11-2015, 07:58 PM
RE: See you [Fire-watching] - by Maren - 12-22-2015, 05:37 PM
RE: See you [Fire-watching] - by Mesec - 12-26-2015, 12:58 PM
RE: See you [Fire-watching] - by God of the Sun - 01-02-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: See you [Fire-watching] - by Time - 02-10-2016, 10:54 AM
RE: See you [Fire-watching] - by Maren - 02-10-2016, 01:47 PM