the Rift

[OPEN] Give Myself the Creeps

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

I wouldn't lie, the smile that lit across the matte stranger of darkness' features as I mentioned that Edison and I were lost, worried me slightly. What plans did this odd, winged creature have in store for the two of us? As weary as we were, I would still be willing to put up a fight in order to free myself from the evil clutches of these dark trees if that were what was called for. Weight shifted uncomfortably from one side to the other, only to return back to the original side before the stranger began to speak once again his gruff voice filling the near silence that surrounded us like a heavy blanket on a summer day. “It’s definitely easy to lose your way in these woods. Perhaps I can help you? Is there anywhere in particular you were hoping to go?” Dark rimmed harks swiveled forwards as I reached mentally out towards the still cautious bird, wondering what he would suggest we do in this situation. "Do I tell him about Sacre? We managed to get lost in this place only because we were looking for him..." Indifference was my answer, if the red kite could have shrugged without being overly obvious I'm sure he would have.

A gust of air escaped through slightly flared nostrils as I focused sightless pools once again on the shadowy frame of the stallion who seemed to want to be of some assistance. "We managed to get tangled up in the forest when I went out looking for my brother. Perhaps you know of him? Sacre of the Dragons Throat?" Sharp talons dug into the toughened flesh of my withers as the words left my midnight stained kissers, but there was no stopping the words from falling once I had started. The need to find my brother and eventually my father was greater than my desire to keep business to myself. The blood stained coat shuddered in an attempt to throw the bird of prey off balance even slightly when the stranger's voice drew my attention back towards him and reality.

“My name is Mesec, by the way.” I locked the name away into the nearly empty filing cabinet of acquaintances I had in my mind. It seemed almost magical, but then again it may be the lack of social interactions messing with my head. Noticing the shift in his posture I allowed myself to relax slightly, even if Edison was still unsure as to how he felt of the dark stranger, Mesec, I had to at least pretend to be comfortable around the creature if he was going to lead me our of the shadows. "Pleasure, Mesec. I am Roux, and this is Edison. We are of the Basin when not wandering like fools amongst the trees." There, now the introductions were over. Politeness had been had, and now we could get onto the business of getting us the hell out of here before I rotted alongside the damp, dead foliage that littered the ground we stood upon.

"Talk?"
roux
am I just paranoid?
or am I just stoned
gosh, i am so sorry this took me so long! <3 i am in love with this thread
@Mesec
image credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>