the Rift

separate rooms and broken hearts

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

It had been a while since the lands of Helovia were graced with my presence, so long in fact that no longer did a boy stand before the entrance of the Threshold. Rather stood a strong, well grown colt on the brink of adulthood, my once gangly appearance had filled out nicely with well-traveled muscles. With age it became clear that the couple that had raised me were not the parents to birth me, my appearance gave signs of neither of their genes and at this point finding out who my parents truly were was on the lowest of my priorities. For as far as I knew, the filly I had left Helovia in search of was still lost out there somewhere. 

Dark stained harks flicked back against my cobalt skull in irritation while a striped limb scuffed up the ground beneath me, baby blues watching the entrance into the Threshold warily. I knew what would come of me entering the lands once again, magic would flood my veins, my flesh flashing with lightning and my hooves causing the ground to combust into a deadly fire, everything would be back to normal. Save for the fact that my dearest childhood friend was still gone and if I knew anything about this magical realm was that things were constantly changing. A shaky sigh slid from between midnight stained kissers before I finally moved forwards back into the place I had been birthed, hoping that my dear Sara would be there to greet me at the door.

The Threshold was a strange land, one that I hadn't paid much attention too during my year in Helovia. Recruiting wasn't really a child's job, and in my haste to exit the lands I didn't really stop to enjoy the scenery. As you would have it, it didn't seem as if I had missed much, every different region seemed to scream with differences and the Threshold was no different than the rest of them. Foliage popped up abundantly around my limbs, reaching with earnest to wrap around thick canon bones and trap me in their embrace forever. Baby blues flashed with electricity as I forced myself onwards through the heavy ferns, unlike the other forested land here the Threshold was lit up with sunlight in some places and a gentle breeze was able to creep between the trunks, offering a welcoming glance into the beauty of the lands while the bony fingers of Helovia herself began to ensnare you in her web. 

My path was a direct one back to the island of the Throat where I would apologize to the Wildfire for being unable to find one of our own and hope that I would somehow manage to be permitted to stay on the firey sands that I loved so much, but fate seemed to have a different idea for how my day would proceed. Harks flicked around as the delicate nostrils flared with excitement as a gentle perfume was carried across a breeze. Was she here? Were the gods so good as to put us in the Threshold back to our homes at the same time? Excitement flared through my thick frame, causing the feathers that coated my banded wings to ruffle happily while limbs shifted their direction ever so slightly. It wasn't long before the black and white frame to come into view. Baby blues moved hungrily across her frame, looking to see if there were any injuries or anything that might have changed in our time apart. 

"Sara?" My matured voice cracked with emotion as I stopped a safe distance from the mare, banded wings tucked in tightly to my barrel, baby blues settling on the eyes that I hoped would be the enchanting teal I remembered. 

speech 
Tag | @[Isara]
Words |
Notes | woo, what an interesting come back xD
fractured moonlight on the sea
reflections still look the same to me
image credits
Please tag me in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
separate rooms and broken hearts - by Isara - 11-21-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: separate rooms and broken hearts - by Hertz - 11-22-2015, 10:54 AM
RE: separate rooms and broken hearts - by Misael - 11-25-2015, 01:50 PM