the Rift

[PRIVATE] keep your demons on a leash

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
the aurelight

In his frenzy he is both mindless and narrowed down into a singular goal, existing for each breath and step and heartbeat that brings him closer to what he needs so badly in order to continue on. That Miykael was close had never occurred to him, so blinded was he by his own fervent desires. A twisted, convoluted, archaic desire. To be the best, to die in flames and gore with glory to his name. He has failed his people, and the weight of that realization sits like an endless weight across his shoulders. In time - perhaps even in moments - he will be rid of it. Kaj will finally remember how to breathe, beyond the raw and infected chasms in his heart that Helovia had lashed into his organs. He would rebuild himself into former stone, because nobody wanted what Helovia had made him over time. Perhaps it was a cowardly way out, but as he saw Miykael striding towards him with worry etching his handsome face, Kaj couldn't find himself caring. He was already a coward, what more could this one thing do to him?

The Czar turns, striding disjointedly towards Miykael, shoulder hitching stiff and screaming but eyes blazing like angelic grace burning out in supernova. Heavenly fire and wrath, wielding celestial blade and burning his wings to ash in one last bid for salvation. Even in his downfall he is glowing, the Aurelight, gleaming and endless in his mortality. Staring down upon Miykael, the keeper of his future and guardian of his past. Throws himself down upon his blade, guides Miykael's hand to the hilt, and waits for the twist. 

The words don't register, not really, dim and muted in his primordial brain. "When I was new King of the Edge, you offered a service. A magical service. That you could block chosen memories for an individual." He knew he wasn't mistaken but his soul still screamed at the idea that the magic could have somehow died out in Miykael, that Kaj would be left with nothing but dull shards of the magnificent beast he used to be, awaiting his exile from a land that clearly did not need him as he was. 

"I need you to do that for me. I will tell you every memory you need, but...Miykael, it is an extensive job, and I need you to trust me. I need to trust you," he stresses, and his heart is pounding in his ears. Fight or flight, instinct and preservation. How could he trust a man he hardly knew? When it was his last chance, his final hope. Miykael's integrity of character was all he could rely on. He did not know how the magic worked, if Miykael would see each memory before he blocked them, even in glimpses. But he would hold all of Kaj's secrets and weaknesses in his hands, both during and after the experiment. Kaj could only hope that when it was all over, when he had forgotten all that had broken and bruised him, that he would not care what it was that Miykael remembered. 

"Please," he pleads, voice low and broken, a desperate man with electric fire in his eyes and resignation in his heart. 

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
keep your demons on a leash - by Kaj - 11-22-2015, 03:20 AM
RE: keep your demons on a leash - by Miykael - 11-25-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: keep your demons on a leash - by Kaj - 11-28-2015, 03:06 AM
RE: keep your demons on a leash - by Miykael - 12-12-2015, 02:07 AM
RE: keep your demons on a leash - by Kaj - 12-12-2015, 04:51 AM