the Rift

[PRIVATE] i'll cry until my pity party's in flames

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
stitched you up with cotton and feathers
</style>

This was not how I envisioned I would leave the world. I had always pictured going out in a blaze of glory. Maybe even taking a few with me. My light would be extinguished by blood, not this water. At least, that's how I always imagined him. It's funny how people never want to talk about death. If they could read my thoughts, surely they'd be concerned and question why I've fantasized my day of doom so much.

Well the answer, my friends, is that no legends I have heard of ended with the hero dying of old age. No, they always went out with a bang. That's what I wanted to be: I wanted to carry a legacy of my own. Already I was strung along in my father's shadow, but that wasn't me. That wasn't what I had accomplished. One day, I had always sworn, people would know my name across the land for my own deeds.

But now I was slowly fading away, slowly seeing the face of Death himself. I wanted to lash out at Him, to defy his very presence. Yet my limbs were weighed down and all I could do was glare through a haze of desperation. This was it, wasn't it? Before I could even start to write my true story my pen would run out of ink.

The second wind that had filled me with so much life was beginning to deflate. Soon, I too would deflate and sink to the ocean floor. Would my father think I had abandoned the family again? Or would he know something was amiss? Would he even care? What of my siblings and my missing mother? Maybe it'd be better that they didn't know their daughter's pathetic death, claimed by the greedy hands of the currents.

My hope was wavering when I hit something hard with one of my hooves. "Stop!" I think I was still in shock from the crash and my oxygen deprived mind was beginning to play tricks on me, but then I heard the voice again. Only when I felt teeth grab onto my neck did I stop squirming. Either this was Death come to drag me away or, by some divine intervention, a caring soul had come to my aid.

I had never wanted to be a true princess; the one who was portrayed as a damsel in distress and always had to be rescued by a knight. At this moment, however, I wasn't complaining.

The feeling of sand beneath my hooves had never felt better. Relief became to fill my system as I instinctively coughed up the water that clogged my lungs. Sweet and precious air began to fill them instead. I was alive. Oh my gods, I was alive. Shakily I stood up, body swaying dangerously as I forced myself to the beach.

"Are... you... okay...?" His breathing was rapid like mine and, upon turning to face the male, he looked like absolute shit. The stallion did not look healthy, rather thin and frail. The fact that he had managed to find the strength to save me was truly amazing. "I could.." I coughed, "ask you the same question."

I didn't speak again until my breathing began to pace itself. "Thank you." The stranger had risked his life for me, I don't know how I was ever going to pay him back. However, as a warrior, he had my gratitude and I pledged right there and then that I would find a way.

ooc lel is too cute
tag @Leliel

Image Credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i'll cry until my pity party's in flames - by Zenobia - 11-22-2015, 11:55 PM