the Rift

[OPEN] Dust and Bones

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
The sea reminded me of the World’s Edge and the Edge reminded me of my father. Somehow the two went hand in hand and somehow I always found myself adrift, searching for answers in the waves wherever they might be.

It wasn’t the first time I’d wandered to the Endless Blue and certainly wouldn’t be my last. Romul had insisted we come this day and in some ways I was glad he had. Yet, even before the roar of the tide and the heady scent of the ocean’s brine curled my lips, I decided that I would visit without any pretenses and without any questions in need of answering. I wanted to enjoy the sea because it was something I loved and not something that so nurtured hate.

Ahead of me, I saw the waves rolling in, but not from own point of view. Instead, I allowed Romul to greet the expansive shore in a way that only a wolf could. The images were quick, always changing, and somehow an accurate portrayal of the beach. The pastel dunes were smooth and welcoming, as sculpted by time as they were, and I relished the impending feel of the sand beneath my hooves long before the actual sensation. Next, there came a picture of an errant gull that had yet to retreat to warmer coasts for the winter. It soared against the powerful winds that surfed into Helovia from beyond, before fading away along with Romul’s convulsive attention span.

”I’m almost there”, I informed telepathically as I finally made my way onto the sands. Though, I was expecting only the openness of the sea awaiting me and instead found that another creature, one unknown to me, gazing off into the distance as I’d done too many times before.

In a moment of hesitation, I debated retreating back the way we’d come, but my longing, that desire to simply be, would not allow me such luxuries. I wanted to breeze past him, if in fact I’d judged him correctly, but feared also the idea of being stopped. So, with as much patience as I could muster, I approached the winged male in hopes of simply alerting him to my presence before ultimately moving on.

You look perplexed.

It was certainly the best I could proffer without having to formally introduce myself, of which I intended to avoid. The beast was a head shorter than I, and with Romul gallivanting across the sands some yards away, I took a moment to study the creature that stood before me. He was cut from foreign cloth no doubt, what with his angular face and slender build, and perhaps also a resident of the Dragon’s Throat. The scent of sand and heat seemed to expel itself from his skin and, though I’d only been welcomed back a few short days ago, I imagined it had begun to mask my own feminine musk as well. However, it was not his scent alone that spiked my fascination, but his unseeing eye as red as the fire is hot. They were quite the opposite of my own, clouded stare, but brilliant nonetheless. I hoped that my blossoming opinion of him was not changed though, because I’d found that once could not judge a book by its cover (however cliché that might be).

Only time would tell what kind of animal I’d prodded and I hoped, for his sake and my own, that he was not foe, but friend.
Credits!

@Rift

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Dust and Bones - by Rift - 11-22-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Essetia - 12-15-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Rift - 12-17-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Essetia - 12-18-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Rift - 12-28-2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Essetia - 12-28-2015, 11:00 PM