the Rift

[PRIVATE] shut up and walk, Cathun!

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Was it so wrong of me to hope that for once Cathun wouldn't act like a total jackass? I had hoped that he would at least fake some level of politeness, but his mouth had no filter whatsoever. I spared a glance at the God, who looked utterly unimpressed. "Not all gods are the same, Cathun." I said. "Just because the gods from your home did that to you doesn't mean that Helovia's gods would do the same..." But as I said the words I could see, in my mind, the way my brother had been murdered by Gaucho when he was under the influence of the Moon Goddess. It caused a lump to form in my throat and I couldn't seem to force it away.

I looked away as the Time god began to speak and I watched him and listened as he addressed what Cathun had said about the payment for his help. To me, when it came to saving someone I cared about, no payment was too steep. "The cost doesn't matter." I finally found my voice again and spoke. "Cathun... when you care about someone it doesn't matter..." And I supposed that was why my brother died, because he cared about everyone. His life wasn't too steep of a price to keep everyone else alive. His example was one that everyone in Helovia could benefit from.

"This is a transaction, simple as that. You don't want my services? That's fine with me."

My mouth went dry and I stared, wide-eyed, at the God. It was only the sound of cracking and the sudden burst of flames that had me flinching and looking at Cathun. I stepped forward as he side-stepped away and I had to force myself to stand still. I heard the God's voice, how we would both have to be involved and I frowned. "Stop being so stupid, Cathun!" There was a touch of panic in my voice as I stared at him. "Do you really want to die? Is your ego and your hurt pride really worth more than your life?"

"."

you won't forget the heavy steps it took to let it go
close your eyes, count to ten, hold your breath and fly
image credits

@Cathun

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Ranjiri - 11-22-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Cathun - 11-24-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Ranjiri - 11-28-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Cathun - 11-28-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Ranjiri - 12-15-2015, 01:10 PM