the Rift

[PRIVATE] Upon These Wings I Shall Fail

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Nature's great masterpiece : an elephant ; the only harmless great thing.
Nostrils finally relaxing as the effort of his exertions is assuaged by enough oxygen, a few stray drips of sweat meander down his neck, sliding down the impression before his broad shoulder, and finally making their way down his deep chest. Thick, black skin there twitches as the wayward drips mimic the tickling of insect legs. With a quick movement of his head, white teeth nip at the though hide, crest bulging as his muzzle tucked.

Returning his attention to the indigo wings before him, he cocks a substantial hindlimb as he resettles and relaxes his hefty mass. One ear slants sideways, the other remaining trained on glimmering woman as she speaks. The smallest of lines crease around his eyes, barely noticeable, at her bitter words masked with purring laughter.

He waits to pry, for her nebulous words were nearly asking for further inquiry— but not entirely. Sure enough, follows her comments with a question of him. A lopsided grin steals across his pale muzzle and black lips at her moniker for him. “My story? That’s a tale longer than the daylight we have left,” indeed, the history of the Elephant was a tortuous one. But, here, in Helovia, it was not quite so long. “I could ask the same of you, after claiming to be screwed over,” but his words aren't exactly asking— merely inviting her to share.

“But, indeed, I do not walk here without reason—“ his blue eyes shift to there ‘here,’ glancing at the crumbling pillars, “Do you know what ‘here’ is?” For a moment, he does not answer her question as a twinkling in the overgrown grass of the Rotunda has caught his attention. Slowly, he begins to walk towards the source of the glinting, eyes on the grass but ears tilted toward the mare.

Distractedly, his low voice rumbles to answer her, “I am returning from the Veins of the Gods and… visiting a friend.” His answer is vague, as he dips his head to the earth, having reached the shiny object. A small pendant, gleaming like a droplet of sunlight, laid in the grass beneath his muzzle. “What’s this?” The question was as much to himself as the mare with him.

“I am Tembovu. King of the Edge.” Would the title ever become happenstance to say?
Tembovu
Credits

@Rhea no need to tag me, I subscribed to threads <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Rhea - 11-22-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Tembovu - 11-22-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Rhea - 11-22-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Tembovu - 11-24-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Rhea - 11-24-2015, 11:58 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Tembovu - 12-03-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Rhea - 12-09-2015, 11:03 PM