the Rift

[OPEN] I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

“It’s enchanted!” she exclaimed as soon as Erthe managed to thread the bracelet over a delicate, ivory leg.  A smile bloomed across her dark face at the girl’s reaction.  “Well that’s really quite something!”  Iona had thought she had found just another forgotten knickknack on the ground, but it was clear this was something more.  There was some sort of enchantment on the thing, and what an enchantment it was.  It was almost as if time reversed and the sun sank beneath the mists, returning the moon to all her glory.  

Seeing the action of the bracelet cemented Iona’s decision to give the thing to Erthe.  Iona had no allegiance to any particular God either hear in Helovia or elsewhere.  She had learned that lesson early on.  After finding herself embroiled in a religious war for much of her life, she had somewhat lost her taste for Gods.  Not her respect for them, not by any means, but lost the ability to choose a particular side.  Now she was more apt to favor balance than to favor one particular deity over another.  However she was well aware that this was far beyond what was considered normal here in Helovia.  One such example was standing right before her.  She knew that the child was fond of the Moon Goddess, such was evident at Tembovu and Elsa’s crowning.  Iona sincerely hoped that one day that dedication would be repaid and the Goddess would honor the child in some way.  

Iona was many things, but she was not so naïve as to expect such things.  However she was more than willing to give where she was able.  Beneath her cold exterior was a warm heart. “I’d say it’s perfect for one as devoted to the Moon as you, don’t you think?” Iona nudges the girl, now bathed in the gentle light of the moon, playfully.  

“It’s yours to keep, Snowdrop.”

She offered another gentle smile to the girl.  It was almost refreshing for the mare to drop her guard – to shed all semblance of defensiveness and bring down her walls almost entirely.  It was amazing how children were able to do such a thing.  It made her long for her own children, though they were children no more.  The weariness of the past night, paired with the thought of her own twins, seemed to double her fatigue. 

“Maybe the fog will burn off in a few hours and we can try the finer points of flying then, how does that sound?  Until then, I think I need to rest a little.  Been a busy night,” she added, with a wink.

I O N A

image credits || Tags:

OOC - we can wrap this up here if you want and start a new thread sometime in the future hopefully now that i'm healthy and holiday bs is done <3 ill update records!

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've still got a lot of fight left in me - by Iona - 02-09-2016, 04:41 PM