Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel
"Auri-"

That's not...it can't be...

"Shida?"

She stood on the horizon, atop a sand dune, giving me a concerned 'what the fuck???? ? ??' look. A smile tugged at the corner of my lips, tears welled up in my eyes (I don't know if they're there because I'm happy or angry or both). I can't speak for a moment, I just look back at her. She's round and healthy looking, but something's off. It's possible that I've lost my sense of Shida-reading, but I think she looks tired.

I begin to relax and stride forward to meet her, hot tears still streaming down my face. I don't really care, though, because she's here and she found me. I stop when she calls out a question. I have plenty to say, but once we're face to face, no words come to my lips. I don't know where to start. My mind is racing with all sorts of things to say, but none of it is coherent enough to utter out. This feels weird. She should be exploding something in my face and I should be flaunting all the cool things I can do in order to divert her anger. But we're not children anymore and a kiss no longer stops the blood flow.

"I - I ran away," I did my best to sound normal, but there were tears running down my cheeks and the more I talked the more I cried and it's really hard to sound normal when you're sobbing, okay? "I thought someone would come find me, but no one ever did. I didn't know what to do, so I just stayed out there. I'm sorry. It was stupid," I state, looking away from her. I didn't want to see the disgust that I knew would cross her features. I suppose I deserve to be ridiculed for my weakness. All the more reason for me to make sure that this would never happen again. I would make it up to her (to myself?), somehow. I wouldn't be weak again.

I move one of my dark wings up to my cheek, wiping off the tears that had stained my pale coat. I look back to Shida with a puff of my smoky breath, eager to get the conversation off of me. "How have you been? Do you live here? How's Princess been? Wait - what happened after the invasion?" I pause my avalanche of questions to look around a bit. "Where are Mom and Dad?" I ask, feeling a bit anxious. I don't know what I would say to them, either. Hell, I'm having a hard time figuring out what to say to Shida, throwing my parents into the mix would make me fall apart completely.
she belongs to the fire
Image Credit
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On a tree in the garden I carved your name - by Auriel - 11-28-2015, 12:29 PM