the Rift

Loss Of Inhibition

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I was no proud soldier or right-hand companion to any power of any kind. I was no aimless deserter looking for refuge from those weakened souls of the pious. I was no untamed archangel damned from the lights of heaven to walk the earth in name of vengeance. What I was or am will never possess a name, but instead lie heavily on my mind like a submerged emotion, whether it is fear, hate, love, or some other form of altering intent. I came to the offering grounds in search of who I might find within myself. I would not make challenge to male or prove sumptuous to some headstrong female; my life not only lay at the hands of this submission, but it also entailed just who I might become. Any element of acceptance would be welcome but my heart pound in my chest for a different reason. My life would change drastically from this moment on and I wouldn’t possibly consider settling for anything less than deserved.

His eyes were strong with determination if any had such a chance to glance them. However, the guarded beast would allow no such thing. His muscles bunched with the effort of a male far more aged than he due to the thick mass of his size. He commanded the grounds as if he were a member of high rank, but this power only endured his own conscience. There lie no question in the way that he moved and the way that he thought that he knew of his vulnerability. Home is a place that every being on earth seeks to find and the beast was no different. However, he was aware of his situation and knew all of the possible faces he might come across. This honesty possessed him to stand tall and wear nothing but armor to shield his heart. But that did not alleviate him of those looking to test his drive. A side of him that renders him weakness lies in wait, cooing softly against his matted ear. After all, darkness infects all of us, no matter the cost we pay to try and hide it.

The trees towered above him, swaying against the slight breeze and casting eerie shadows along his broad back. Each strangled finger of darkness threatened to reveal the misshapen proof of his ungainly appearance. His feathered appendages were none like those who shared his features. These marks of his misfortune would never touch the clouds; never lift such an animal from the ground because of their delicate state. While he regretted such an attribute, he never let them shame him. The course feathers covered his back like a cloak, each black fringe gathering and shifting along his spine and down to his rear as mere decoration. This adversity did not hinder his stunning appeal however; it further added to the distinct presence of a male his size. From head to toe he entailed intense power. The murky shade of his coat was certainly nothing to be admired for its mere lack of adornment, but the manner in which he wore it made the mahogany coat appear admirable.

Down and around the bend, the male surfaced in a small clearing. Around him the trees spread out like veiled figurines dancing together before a spiritual convention. The light that poured through their limbs danced along the tree line welcoming the beast to their quarters. Beyond the clearing lay the echoes of forest creatures calling to one another from the treetops. It was quite peaceful here, almost as if he had landed himself in a dreamland; but he knew better than this and contained himself against the happy chatter of the world around him. He was but a pawn in the complex game of life and he knew it would not be long before the songs of the forest died down with approach. He knew not of who might accompany him but rather that it was inevitable that they did.

Messages In This Thread
Loss Of Inhibition - by Thor - 10-08-2012, 12:42 AM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Mirage - 10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Thor - 10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Mirage - 10-09-2012, 08:33 AM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Thor - 10-09-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Mirage - 10-11-2012, 03:59 AM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Thor - 10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Mirage - 10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Thor - 10-12-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Mirage - 10-14-2012, 03:55 AM