the Rift

Loss Of Inhibition

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Observation was key to the mare's nature; she watched the way in which this stallion absorbed all that she offered him, saw the way her words registered withn him by the subtle changes that dances across his handsome, masculine facade. His reactions seemed to give her more fuel; she had arrived to this scene battered and nearly broken, but the path the conversation had wound itself down had rejuvinated her, reminded her again of her purpose in this world. The little shadow recognised the longing behind the eyes of Thor, the joy at the prospect of belonging to such a family that she had spoken of. She could see how he yearned for more information - and she respected this, more than anything else, about him. Intelligence was not found in assuming one knew everything, it was found in one striving to know more, to always learn and expand one's knowledge, to question that knowledge again and again in order to prove its truth. He spoke with the tones of a learned steed, though he was comparatively young against the ripe years Mirage had wandered the earth, the devious little mare also knew that it mattered not how long he had existed, but rather, what he had done with his existence.

"Indeed," a playful glitter shone behind her eyes as he addressed her beloved Akaith, who preened herself appropriately for the occasion. "Without her, I would not be whole." An affectionate smile softened the edges of her lips, as a swift glance was given to the little bundle of golden scales that stood upon her back. Akaith had been with her almost a decade of her life, the years before then were spent with her family, in her birthland of eternal midnight. There had been more than a handful of occasions, where without the bond that bound them together, Mirage would not have endured the life she had lived had it not been for the brave light the little dragon shone within her soul. "Akaith is her name," Mirage began to say, before the little dragon crawled her way up the mare's nape to peer at the stallion herself from above the sculptured ears that sat alert on Mirage's poll. The little queen chirruped a greeting to the stallion herself, before givin a small huff, an approving nod, and then swiftly launched herself to the air once more, to get lost amidst the canopy. The sea air of the World's Edge would do well to invigorate his potential.

The words were spoken by the dragon, in the silent, exclusive way that the bond permitted them to be spoken. Mirage often found her dragon's cryptic ways to be as irritating as she must sometimes be to strangers, but the little shadow mare appreciated her bonded's opinion nonetheless. "Thor," her exotic melody began again, as her eyes finally pulled away from where her dragon had disappeared amongst the branches above. "I feel that the World's Edge would benefit from your presence as much as you might be able to benefit from those who reside there." Carefully she chose her words, trying to make it clear that she longed for him to follow her home, to aid her in building the Edge towards its full potential. Not only that, but she was intrigued by him, she wanted to keep him near to herself if only to see just what potential he had to give. With such a mighty name as Thor, surely there was great strength to be unlocked? The mare silently devoted herself towards aiding him, directing him, helping him find himself. "Should you wish to continue on through the Threshold of Helovia, you would be welcome to find yourself a home amongst the Edge." It was given, at last, the offer of a home, the silent promise of an enduring friendship. "There are other herdlands within; they are allies to my own home and just in their ruling.. I fear I am not as learned about them as I could be. The life of an Outcast is one I walked for many seasons until recently." She added, not wanting to disillusion the steed into thinking there was only one option beyond the Threshold. Hope, and nothing else, now shone behind the mare's golden pools, hope that rejection would not come from his lips.

[ ooc: don't be silly, I'm loving Thor <3 If you would like him to join just let me know what rank you would like and I'll post it on the Updates board for Admin to change :-) ]

Messages In This Thread
Loss Of Inhibition - by Thor - 10-08-2012, 12:42 AM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Mirage - 10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Thor - 10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Mirage - 10-09-2012, 08:33 AM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Thor - 10-09-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Mirage - 10-11-2012, 03:59 AM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Thor - 10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Mirage - 10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Thor - 10-12-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Loss Of Inhibition - by Mirage - 10-14-2012, 03:55 AM