the Rift

[OPEN] Snails & The Lonely

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
The stallion thought a curious thought that day; Am I going mad? He chewed on it for a while, mulling over its flavour and pitch, testing its vibrancy against all others that might appear within his countenance, and came to the conclusion; No, with a definitive addition; It's just the world around me that is mad.

Grimalkin wasn't one to ask things lightly. He considered them heavily, deeply, he reflected and sometimes (rarely) he changed his mind even after he had come to a conclusion. Cunning could be used to describe him, though he held no proof of his cunning - except perhaps the sheer fact he was alive in a world that was always trying to kill you. Helovia - why did I come here again? That was a question he asked often, though less so recently, as he became more accustomed to his solitude and wandering. He was attached to the Basin, it was true, and he longed to return and prove himself there - but he had been filled with a wanderlust, a traveller's itchy feet that required one to keep moving to sate the itch, a desire to see and learn about the world beyond the ice shelf - and so he had wandered, he had shirked his responsibilities. Maybe he would return one day.

Maybe he would just keep wandering.

Noises, voices, caused his ears to prick and his great antlered crown to turn and look at his surrounds. A deep breath was inhaled as he tested the air around him, but soon enough he let that go with a great gust of air and resumed his eating. The grasses were turning with the leaves in this season - Grimalkin had a hefty bulk to maintain, it would not do to skip a meal.

But he heard that niggling voice again, that frustratingly far away sounding cry. Movement caught his eye, but when he turned his massive crown to view it with both eyes, whatever had moved was still once more, lost to him amongst the foliage. "Who's there?" his deep, guttural melody boomed, demanding the revelation of whoever was nearby. He knew that magic was thick in these parts, he knew of creatures who could cloak themselves in plain view of others - he just prayed he wasn't being spied on by some invisible enemy ready to take advantage of his resting hulk.

@Difyr
grimalkin

ali00p | larfsalot
on deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
Snails & The Lonely - by Difyr - 11-27-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Snails & The Lonely - by Grimalkin - 12-17-2015, 02:50 AM
RE: Snails & The Lonely - by Difyr - 12-17-2015, 01:22 PM
RE: Snails & The Lonely - by Grimalkin - 12-19-2015, 05:39 PM