the Rift

[OPEN] Snails & The Lonely

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
I am, the words sounded strange, faraway, small, and Grimalkin found himself having to look closer to the ground to find its source. When his sights landed upon the creature who owned the tiny voice, he was a little bit stunned into silence. Emeraldine eyes tracked the swift, sharp movements of the creature, (for surely she was not a unicorn?) wonder apparent on his face as he took her in.

He didn't know how long he stared for, but a few seconds of silence passed as the stallion (who felt rather, overlarge) gathered his thoughts. Look at her as if she were truly your size, he rumbled to himself, even as she sprouted wings and settled at eye level to him. Look at her, he told himself, for while his first thought was a cruel one of jest and corruption, he knew better than to judge too swiftly based on appearances alone.

Look at her, he said sternly to himself; and so he did just that. He looked at the small structure of limbs and ram's horns, the delicate wings that seemed to meld back into her body when she didn't need them (much like a beetle, he concluded).

"I've never spoken to a beetle before," he said, seemingly at random, as his thoughts caught up to his observations, and her words. She had labelled him a helovian, and so he thought it fitting to label her in return - the labels weren't entirely correct (or were they? Did a few seasons of wandering Helovia mean he was Helovian?) but what did it matter. She called this land the Labyrinth, he noted - it was always nice to put a name to a place for a wanderer such as he.

"My business is food, and eating as much of it as I can before the snows of Frostfall blanket everything." He spoke simply and matter-of-factly with his russian tinted tones, answering the little one with the big attitude in tones that were neither entirely respectful nor entirely rude - they just were. He was yet to make his mind up about her, though he did want to chuckle at her poorly veiled threat, should he seek to bring 'unkindness' into her land.

"You're a part of Helovia now, too." He began, nodding his great antlered crown to her and the surrounds. "Unkindness will find you no matter where you fly with your pretty little wings." Was it sadness and sorrow that chased across his façade then? Or just the wry old humour of a stallion who had seen something of cruelness in his life?

@Difyr
grimalkin

ali00p | larfsalot
on deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
Snails & The Lonely - by Difyr - 11-27-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Snails & The Lonely - by Grimalkin - 12-17-2015, 02:50 AM
RE: Snails & The Lonely - by Difyr - 12-17-2015, 01:22 PM
RE: Snails & The Lonely - by Grimalkin - 12-19-2015, 05:39 PM