the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm glad you're alive now let me fucking kill you
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
I'd bring you further roses but it does you no good.

The time it took her to answer him quickened the beating of his heart, and it took all of Gaucho's war-forged strength to remain stationary. Yet his mind buzzed, preparing to hear that she wanted to leave the herd, that Zero wasn't his ... His eyes wanted to scour Ampere's body as they always did, to drink in her blue and toned physique, and to remember what her sweat tasted like. He wanted to allow himself any escape which would prevent what was coming next - what would surely follow Ampere's long drawn out silence.

I want to drop one of my ranks

Oh. Well that wasn't so bad.

As she continued, stating that she didn't care which it was, Gaucho tried not to allow the breath that left his lips to sound like a sigh of relief, though it likely did. She casually mentioned that Einarr might be a good Gladiator, which implicitly suggested that she would remain as Chancellor. If anything, Gaucho preferred it that way. It kept her closer to him, if only in a political sense, and given the truth of her words - Einarr was a good candidate - it just made sense.

But of course it did. For all of Ampere's outwards burst of emotion, Gaucho would bet that she already had this conversation thought out in her mind. Was it Zero's injury that made her finally decide to let him in on how she was feeling?

Speaking of Zero...

Gaucho's steely gaze was tugged down by the boy's stirring and his stammering speech. As always, his mind flopped between wondering about the boy's paternity and caring deeply for him regardless. Wouldn't it be strange if he ever found out that he wasn't the boys Father? That Ampere had just used him as a father-figure since he was around, was easy to blame, and also easy to sap protection from? The thought added to the weight which he still felt, despite Ampere's indication that leaving the Throat was not what was on her mind.

"Ampere not quitting." He replied, trying to sound soothing but sounding his regular amounts of rich and gruff. "Gaucho ask her to do both. It Gaucho's fault."

Was it a lie? A way for Ampere to not seem like a quitter in the eyes of her son, and for Zero to not think that his Mother was giving up her life for him? Or was it the truth? That, given no other options, Ampere had been pigeon-holed into accepting both ranks, when potentially she never wanted them in the first place?

The dun's gaze rose for a moment, trying to find Ampere's though not revealing the intention behind his words. Was the shimmer in his gaze an apology for forcing her to bear too much responsibility? Or was it just him offering her a way out?

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm glad you're alive now let me fucking kill you - by Gaucho - 01-04-2016, 11:01 AM