the Rift

[OPEN] that silver lining

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

He shouldn't feel like his life matters less than her mother's had, or that she loves her mother more than she loves him, but he does. He feels it every time he sees her grief-stricken face in his nightmares or sees the lingering sadness in her eyes when he does stand face to face with her. He shouldn't feel like she would be better off with Badger, that she would be happier with him, that she would be better taken care of, that she wouldn't even miss him, but he does. So when she tells him that she's missed him and hugs him he feels as though he's been dunked in frigid water and he sucks in a sharp breath. His body remains still as he takes in what she's told him, but he cannot help but wonder why or how she could miss him when no one else has.

"Where were?" She asks and follows up with "I was worried, I thought maybe you'd left me here and gone off somewhere." Vadim feels the hurt and the accusation in her words and it makes his mouth dry because it is the truth. He had left her. He had gone off somewhere. But how could he have taken her with him if it hurt her so badly to move? She could not have traveled the distance he had on such painful legs, and that is what he's told himself time and again as he's traveled from and back to the Edge.

"I did leave." He admits and he expects his child to pull away from him as he speaks. He is expects her to look at him with eyes that reflect betrayal and he expects her to spit angry, venomous words at him before he continues. "I was looking for someone to heal your legs." He presses on and he hopes that his goal is enough to quell whatever betrayal or anger she might be feeling only for him to follow it up with another betrayal. "...but I couldn't find anyone, I'm sorry."

"."

Credits

@Erthë

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
that silver lining - by Erthë - 11-28-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 11-29-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 12-14-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-14-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 12-25-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-25-2015, 09:28 PM