the Rift

[PRIVATE] its not that hard to say goodbye

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

rhoa
        I WALK IN THE AIR, BETWEEN THE RAIN, THROUGH MYSELF & BACK AGAIN.
           To where? I don't know

I do what I never have been able to, even though it's a facade. I appear easy. The wind tangles and buffets against my mane - and as if it is my choice, I allow it. Tangles of unobtrusive gray are pulled backwards, dancing and billowing. I move with the elegance of Sohalia, but the confidence of Gaucho. It is in my blood, even if their love isn't, and I stride forward. Confident, muscular, whole. I appear unbroken. Perhaps I am now. Perhaps the wisdom of loneliness has finally fused my cracks. Or perhaps they are simply apart of me now.

Ranjiri is an easy, and fixed part of my past. She lingers there, beautifully broken, in the Veins. Her hard work and metal-workings litter the Throat, and she always greets me with an easy honesty. In that, she is so beautiful. She is unrefined. Her family is broken, her kin murdered or dead. But her eyes glow with some sort of possibility, whether it be for failure or accomplishment. But never with the uncertainty of ending it all, as mine have. Only now, before her, I inhale deeply. I feel whatever it is that dusts off of her with such a fluid grace, filling me, and I am sure that my eyes shine as hers do - even if she is unaware of their light.

"It's nothing-" I laugh, somehow sounding lighthearted and breezy. My embered wing shrugs with my words, emphasizing that it is nothing. And for once, it is. I am not disappointed in having been forgotten, but instead I merely rejoice in being in the presence of one who knows me. Ranjiri might not believe she knows me well, but who, if we were to instigate an argument, knows me better? My absent Father? My distant and disappeared twin?

"I've missed you."

I don't care how it sounds. If it's too personal for the meager friendship we have. I don't care if I should feel ashamed, because I don't. I want to tell her that I"ve missed her, because suddenly, an overwhelming tidal wave of longing has sloshed in my belly, and that can only mean that I have indeed missed her, even if I have only just realized it now.

Messages In This Thread
its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 11-28-2015, 11:01 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 10:50 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-02-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-14-2015, 01:18 PM