the Rift

[OPEN] Where's your verse, your verb, proverb, lesson learned

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
if there's no one beside you when your soul embarks
THEN I WILL FOLLOW YOU IN TO THE DARK

Something is off, different, in the way that he stands; his head low where it should be held tall, his body sagging and hunched and tired where it should be full of youth. For a moment you simply watch, your body stilling even as the little deer tries to lead you closer, unsure of the need for your presence, unable to clearly see their wounds, smell the blood through the rain. Your eyes flicker to Ashamin, the way that he, too, seems too tired to be so far from home, but you do not connect the two together, do not hazard a guess to what had happened. “What are you two even doing out here? It’s the middle of the night, you—” you could get hurt. Your words stop as you catch yourself, not willing to withstand the backlash that your chiding would bring, unwilling to face the hypocrisy of your worry. It hadn’t ever occurred to you that leaving the Basin could ever be dangerous, not when you had done it, but seeing the two of them out in the middle of a storm looking so utterly miserable has triggered something of a protective need, a need that neither of them would have any use for.

“I found Lochan—rather, he found me. I think the storm may have scared him.” You press closer to the pair now, and though suspicion of the situation has begun to grow within your heart, you try your best to ignore it, wanting them to be safe, wanting everything to be alright, as if that is enough to make it so. Even still the silence persists, and once more you decline the existence of the chill that runs down your spine, the spark of fear that kindles in your veins.

“Erebos?” It is then that he takes a step forward, then that his strength seemingly fails him and you find yourself lunging to catch him before he can fall, before he can hurt; but you are not quick enough, and as he collides with the wet earth you fall next to him, your knees bruising hotly with the impact, wild eyes searching his body for the rhythm of breathing. “I'm here,” It is only then that you see the wounds that litter his body, smell the blood that has smeared on your muzzle from touching his shoulder, glance to Ashamin once more only to see that he had hardly been touched by whatever had happened to Erebos. Without hesitation you push the accusations and questions that swell within your mind away, push the desire to scold them like children down, down—and reach for the magic that had been bestowed on you, shut your eyes to the drum of the rain as it exudes from you in waves.  

Only as your breaths come hard and heavy, your body too exhausted to do anything more that you stop, move to place a kiss upon his crown, resting your head gingerly against the crest of his neck. Only now that you have done what you can do you delve into the void that occupies your chest; all of the doubt and the shock and the fear of seeing him—a boy that had seemed so utterly untouchable, so fearless and young, a boy that has sunk in under your skin—fall, the weight of what it would mean to lose him, your face growing hot as heavy tears streak down your cheeks. “I'm here.”

It'll be alright, you'll be alright.

image credits

@Erebos
sorry she mostly ignored ashamin? ><
i dont know where to fit more about him in, since she's so so focused on erebos, since he's worse for the wear
she does reach her magic for ashamin too, however (:
as always, i've left it open so you guys can determine how much you want her to heal♥

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where's your verse, your verb, proverb, lesson learned - by Enna - 12-21-2015, 01:46 PM