the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fortunate Fool

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

After ensuring that Ampere and Zero were both alright, Mesec had travelled back with them to the Throat… or near them at any rate. He separated when they arrived - a hasty goodbye made before he took off. He had every intention of finding Zero later, complimenting him on his bravery and showing him the healed wings which.. Wincing as he stretched out his wings to leave, Mesec remembered that he had not yet healed the burns. But he didn’t want to just stand there near them and heal himself with shadows so he pushed through the pain - taking off and regretting the whole business of thinking he could involve himself in the family affair. Certainly he could have stuck around, providing the colt with some moral support for the verbal lashing he was likely going to get but he was just such an outsider in that group. He was used to not feeling as though he belonged but that was different - that was private. What did he even have to add? It wasn’t his place to support or argue with Ampere on the raising of her son. Her son. He had suspected it, of course, but the weight of the confirmation rested heavily on him.

As did the presence of Gaucho but, well, easier to avoid the entire situation than continue worrying about something that had nothing to do with him, right?

He was looking for a distraction, someone to talk to that could help get his mind and heart off of the turmoil that Ampere often sent it into. He soared over the Throat, Lucius joining him and the sun glinted off of their matching dark feathers. Really, anyone would be better company than himself at the moment.

The sharp eyes of his companion spotted her first and he called out to her - his crisp, clear voice breaking through Mesec’s thoughts. It took a couple more moments for his own silver eyse to pick out the familiar form of Najya in the Throat landscape. Lucius had already started descending, circling above her and even swooping closer to tug at her mane with affection that he showed few others. He was too large to perch on her now without his talons poking at her skin   so he satisfied himself with circling around her twice and trilling happily. The same care was not given toward his own bonded, though. As Mesec landed and trotted over, Lucius found his usual perch on the fold of Mesec’s wings - causing a wince to interrupt the smile as talons accidentally found the raw burns that he still had yet to heal. “Najya! How are you?” They hadn’t really talked since the day she arrived, what with all of the god battles that had occurred afterwards - at which he hadn’t missed her presence.

and that's me, that's me, the boy with the broken halo
that's me, that's me ________________ the devil won't let me be

artwork by the fabulous tamme

@Najya
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 11-29-2015, 02:48 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Najya - 12-31-2015, 01:01 AM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 01-03-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Najya - 01-14-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 01-15-2016, 01:02 AM