the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fortunate Fool

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

His reaction was basically what she had expected.  She couldn’t imagine that she would have reacted much differently if she had been given similar advice when in his position.  She likely would have been just as stubborn.  But Najya knew the consequences of silence.  She knew exactly what the emotions were like that slowly ate away at your insides.  Love was a powerful emotion.  It was one always used to reflect such positivity, yet she knew how destructive it could be.  It had been a part of the undoing of her whole world, even though to admit that aloud sounded very dramatic.

The tension in his stance was evident and his voice made it crystal clear. However, she was pleased that he respected her enough not to simply tell her to keep her nose out of his business and leave her alone on the sands.   They both knew that she could not follow him into the skies.  He had a sanctuary if he needed one. It seemed that Mesec wasn’t in the business of running away.  Maybe, deep down, there was part of him that actually wanted to have this conversation, as difficult as it was.

“I don’t know if you’ve noticed, Mesec. But I can’t read minds either.  And I can’t tell the future. Unless you’ve been keeping secrets – neither can you. You aren’t going to know until you tell her. But you’re also only considering the negative things that could happen, not any of the other possibilities!” she did her best at keeping the frustration in her voice controlled, and letting the encouragement flow freely. Najya wasn’t stupid.  She knew what she had seen on the beach.  She didn’t know if Ampere loved Mesec, and she wasn’t stupid enough to make such a promise to Mesec.  However, it was clear from the lightning-mare’s actions that she felt something beyond friendship for the moonborn stallion.

She knew how easy this would to be brush off, and felt like she had to say something to convince him of how important it was to tell Ampere what was in his heart.  So she spoke again.  This time, her voice was softer.  This time there was a whole plethora of new emotions in her voice.  Regret.  Remorse. Pain. “I can tell you with absolute certainty that you’ll regret not saying anything. I live with that regret, Mesec. I live with it every single day.  I don’t wish that pain upon you,” she said, with little fanfare, and paused for only a brief moment before continuing again.

”If she’s your friend she still will be after you tell her, Mesec, regardless if she shares your feelings or not,” she finished, with the encouragement back in her voice, though the pain still resonated there, echoing in the empty hallways of a past long gone. 

Najya
& Mesec

image credits

@Mesec

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 11-29-2015, 02:48 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Najya - 12-31-2015, 01:01 AM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 01-03-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Najya - 01-14-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 01-15-2016, 01:02 AM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Najya - 01-15-2016, 10:36 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 01-19-2016, 11:58 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by smitty - 02-22-2016, 02:22 AM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Najya - 02-22-2016, 12:32 PM