the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fortunate Fool

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

The demigod and zephyr pair stayed quiet as Najya began her story, both pairs of silver eyes not leaving her face once as she began. From how she had been running when they first met, how she had been troubled by the invasion in the Falls, Mesec had suspected some of what she had said but there was no preparation for the entirety of it. Small smiles tugged at his mouth at the beginning, the happy part, but the story soon turn a turn for the worse.

Mesec was moving his foreleg to take a step toward her, to do what he could to comfort her as she confronted her pain because of a careless question from him, but he was stopped and his silver eyes widened in surprised. As Najya spoke, her story became visible.  Light began to dance around her but quickly took form, small figures - although they were made of nothing but light he figured out who was Najya and who must have been Shanan. Lucius emitted a low, quiet call of pain - leaving Mesec’s wings to go land on the sand beneath Najya’s legs. He did not like to be on the ground but he was large enough now that he was aware his talons could accidentally cause harm to the mare if he were to land on her back. So he leaned into her leg instead, offering what support he could as his silver and violet eyes were bright with the light of her stories.

Mesec stood where he was for now, not wanting any more movement to distract or interrupt her now.

There was nothing he could say to make this any better for her, nothing he could do to take away that pain, but he moved closer toward her and reached out to nudge her muzzle softly with his. “I’m so sorry, Najya.” Quiet words - his silver eyes sad. No, he could not do much for her beyond comfort - and a promise that he would do his best to learn from her story. He appreciated that she trusted him enough to tell him her story and he wasn’t going to let that be in vain. “I’ll tell her. The next time I see her, I’ll find a way.”

He smiled at her then, small and warm as he took a step backward to get out of her space once more - his eyes showing his admiration for the mare before him, this friend he had made by such chance. “I just need to find some strength, if you could just let me some of yours.”

and that's me, that's me, the boy with the broken halo
that's me, that's me ________________ the devil won't let me be

artwork by the fabulous tamme

-duct tapes Naj back together again-

@Najya
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 11-29-2015, 02:48 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Najya - 12-31-2015, 01:01 AM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 01-03-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Najya - 01-14-2016, 11:54 PM