the Rift

[PRIVATE] i didn't think i was ready for this

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

The pains had come late in the night. They were gut wrenching and persistent and wholly unwelcome if only because it terrified Phantom more than anything ever had before. It forced the mare to quickly seek out a place that was secluded and private so she could sink down to the ground and allow her body to do the work that it had to to expel the foal that she didn't want from her body. The whole ordeal was little more than a blur of pain and exhaustion to the the white mare as she stood looking down at the tiny thing that she had created. Her head tilted and her ears fell back because she didn't want to think of it as cute or hers, but there was a nagging feeling gnawing at her that was hard to ignore.

She dipped her head down and sniffed at the tiny body, her muzzle rubbing against the damp, painted fur as she finally allowed whatever maternal instincts were housed within her to rise to the surface. She knew that the child had to stand and that it had to nurse, so she nudged it, whickered softly, and prodded at his hindquarters to encourage him to rise. "Come on, child." Phantom whispered and it occurred to her then that he needed a name, but what could she call him? If she named him would that make her want to keep him instead of letting him become his father's problem? For whatever reason, one that totally and completely baffled her by how illogical it seemed, the mare found that she wanted to name the child that she'd carried and birthed on her own.

Her muzzle ran along her son's back and she stepped closer to him. "Brendan." She breathed against the boy's ear. "Come now, stand." Show me how strong you are, my boy.

"." 

Phantom

so scatter all my ashes when i'm dead
and destroy every legend in my head

@Aaron

Messages In This Thread
i didn't think i was ready for this - by Phantom - 11-30-2015, 10:20 PM