the Rift

[PRIVATE] i didn't think i was ready for this

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Her undoing was the way the child looked at her when he finally was strong enough to lift his head without it flopping. The look in those eyes made her gut churn uncomfortably and it further lessened her resolve to drop the foal off to his father and go about her business. She wanted to groan because never before had her resolve been so shaky and never before had she questioned herself on what she had to do. She always had a plan. A way to go about doing what she needed to do in the most efficient way possible and she was crumbling. She was falling apart at a look from a child that she'd thought she hadn't wanted.

Phantom remained still as a statue as the child struggled to find his legs and when he finally did the faintest of smiles curled the corner of her mouth upward. "Good." She murmured, her smile growing as he hobbled toward her. His head dipped under her flank and she stiffens, her entire body tense, as her child nurses from her for the first time. The sensation is weird but not entirely unpleasant. She takes the moment to run her muzzle along her child's back and for the first time since she discovered that she was going to be a mother she was content.

"Phantom..."

Her head lifted and her crimson eyes found the stallion that sired her child. The smile on her face faded a bit as he asked what she had named him or her"His name," she began "Is Brendan."

"." 

Phantom

so scatter all my ashes when i'm dead
and destroy every legend in my head

@Aaron

Messages In This Thread
i didn't think i was ready for this - by Phantom - 11-30-2015, 10:20 PM
RE: i didn't think i was ready for this - by Phantom - 12-15-2015, 09:02 PM