the Rift

[OPEN] find yourself a city, [welcoming!]

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

THE two pale colored mares worked their way through the dense vegetation. It was not long before sun high turned into sunset and even the rigorous pace set by Eldala's companion couldn't distract her from her past. The ghosts she'd repressed for so long  arrived on the breeze first. They caressed her coat before wedging themselves in her soul like a splinter beneath a fingernail.

Unwillingly, the mare was thrust back to her favorite sunny mountain pasture, the highest one in their Empire, on the day they'd been invaded. She had been gazing down at the view when it had happened. The opposing army had charged out from the underbrush next to the center square, weighed down with protective armor,  and began their slaughter.  Most of the foals died almost instantly, burned by advanced fire and mechanics, but the mares and stallions did not. Oh, the sounds had been horrible, the smell of burning flesh, it had rooted her to her spot. Just as she'd managed to shake off the initial shock, a stallion had begun to charge up the hill towards her. She'd never have stood a chance. So she ran. /I was such a coward that day./

Not that it mattered anymore. Whatever her parents were, dead or alive, they'd never see her again now.  She had run for miles and miles until her lungs had burned and she collapsed on the sands of some distant shore.

Sadness was painted over her face when she tripped over a root. Jolted back to reality, she stumbled as she let out a curse, "Bloody damn trees!". A quick glance ahead notified Eldala that her feat of coordination had likely not escaped the attention of her new companion. The mare was gazing back at her with a strange expression. /Oh fuck, what have I missed now?/ Blue optics flung about and her steps slowed. A small exhale of breath becomes the companion to the astonished expression adorning the mare's features. The waxing moon shone down her gentle light on the wildflowers that were all around her. /When did the landscape become so beautiful? How did I miss this?/  She could not help but return her new acquaintance's expression with a similar gaze and a smile.

They soon stop for water, the same lovely flavor as that of the one in the forest, before setting off again. The odd crow remains seated on Tangere's withers from there on. Eldala briefly wonders how the mare trained it or if there is something more involved in their seemingly seamless partnership.

The landscape continues to morph until it is a strange, haunting, clean sort of beauty. Grass and mostly open space dot the view but, up ahead, Eldala spots a strange metallic sheen. She pricks up a moment, alarmed, but when her guide does not falter she relaxes a bit.

“We're home, Eldala.”

The young fem drinks in the glorious visage of the huge horse-like figures. The older mare pauses, explaining their purpose, and allows her charge to silently wonder in the enormity of it. There had been towers back home and there had been mechanics...but never had the two been combined into such a beautiful creature. She almost inquires as to how they funcion but her tired muscles tell her that now is not the time for such a pause.

“We're led by three different leaders – ” a chuckle, “There's Hotoru, Thranduil and Deimos.”
And then comes that honest gaze again, the one that makes Eldala feel as if all her hair had fallen off her skin. Its unnerving, the kindness there, and the young mare finds it hard to swallow. She returns the gaze with a slightly nervous smile. "Thank you, I am happy you decided to offer me residence." She looks about quietly, "This place is incredible."

But what would she do now that she was here?

Stock by ForsakeWolf and EquineUNL(will have these on the photo soon, just forgot)

@Johnny if you want to join. =p
@Hotaru ,  @Thranduil , @Diemos

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Messages In This Thread
find yourself a city, [welcoming!] - by Tangere - 11-30-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: find yourself a city, [welcoming!] - by Eldala - 12-01-2015, 07:55 PM