the Rift

[OPEN] find yourself a city, [welcoming!]

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

Eldala could not help but begrudgingly allow that Tangere had not been what she'd first appeared to be. The well-muscled mare had far more facets than a simpleton healer. She had a quiet air of power and her control of the situation was apparent. Not power, that was the wrong word, assurance was better. The mare knew who she was and where she belonged. /Perhaps, my father had been correct in his telling me to check my youthful haste../

The caramel mare was mulling over the shortcomings of youth when she spotted a bright colored pair emerging. A subtle sidelong glance was directed at Tangere to gauge an appropriate reaction and, upon seeing a positive expression, Eldala decided this must be the welcoming party.

The newcomer moves with grace, but has a decided air of place about her, much more so than Tangere. The companion at her side was nothing short of nearly neon ferociousness. It dripped in fresh blood, a stark contrast to the feminine mare next to it, but appeared to be uninterested in making any present its next meal. /That makes two out of the three total horses I've met here that have had these strange other-animal-friends. Is this normal?

The mare's chiming introduction as Hotoru, one of the three leads, does not come as a surprise to Eldala. Who else would one of the leads be other than a mare who looked like a Queen? She dips her head low and a moments smile flitted across the mare's visage. /Oh yes, if these two mares are any indication, this herd will do quite well at helping me find my place in this land./ But then came the question that reminded her she was still just past foal. What brings you here? Humm, what indeed? She'd forgotten about that.

What had she, an unproved youth, to offer to an Empire? Did young, newly adult foals regularly change herds? She was saved for a moment when Tangere spoke up, and surprised her with her humor. A genuine grin spread across Eldala's face and, catching on quickly, the young fem replied saucily, "Oh yes, piles of it!" accompanied by humorous eye batting directed at Tangere. Their first true interaction, she supposed, before dissolving into a few giggles. Rolling her eyes, the young mare continued, "He really did try, but was no match for Tangere's description. I would much prefer the close-knit and well defended community she described." Remembering herself with a small bite to her lower lip, she continues,  "My name is Eldala, and I would very much appreciate being allowed to join the Aurora Basin. I know I am young and cannot provide much help as of yet, but I vow to study hard whatever trade I take." The filly-turned-mare surprises even herself with the assured, strong tone her voice takes towards the end of her sentence. She is quite pleased with her pitch but is shortly interrupted for the second time since her arrival by yet another stallion.

She has every intention of treating him harshly but as he swaggers out from behind a rock she finds herself smiling. His boisterous structure bounces up saying sassily "Did someone say candy?". Eldala can't help but to emit a stiffled snort at the spectecle. This was, of course, quickly followed by a small cough. /Was that sugar I just inhaled? I feel like that was sugar./ Her eyebrows are most definitely raised by now and accompanied by a most amused expression. “Welcome to the Basin! My name’s Johnny, the resident Weaver. I craft stuff for the herd, it’s pretty great.”  /Holy Pine Nuts, a weaver, so there are some civilized aspects about this land after all./ She really shouldn't offend a herd member(especially one allowed to stand so close to his lead like that) in front of her prospective Queen, so she chooses to respond cordially, "I am Eldala and its a pleasure to meet you tradesman. In my originaly home I loved the cloth and foods crafts!" before making sure to return a very respectful gaze to the Queen, "I mean, if your Queen shall have me, perhaps I could help you out with some of the daily chores...that is if you don't have too many apprentices already." She smiles at them both, not nearly as guarded as before, this would really be wonderful if she were able to join a new Empire AND find her place within it so quickly. She only hoped the beautiful mare had seen something in her she'd liked enough to warrant residency.

Stock by ForsakeWolf and EquineUNL(will have these on the photo soon, just forgot)

So sorry for the delay guys!! @Hotaru , @Tangere , @Johnny

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Messages In This Thread
find yourself a city, [welcoming!] - by Tangere - 11-30-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: find yourself a city, [welcoming!] - by Eldala - 12-16-2015, 03:03 AM