let me tell you a story [anybody]

Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris

This is something
All or nothing
RIFT

The stallion seemed uncomfortable as he stated his name, dual toned eyes distant and without warmth. Lendri. Rift studied the newcomer further, curiosity winning over his manners. The unicorn looked worn, tired and tossed about upon the backs of what waves Rift could not surmise. It was then that the sorrel stallion realized why the stranger stirred up such a strong sense of familiarity; they were merely two battered leaves sprouting from the same tree. 

He had seen the same expression that was painted so painstakingly upon Lendri's face countless times in his own reflection; the tattered exhaustion, the emptiness, the craving for something, anything that could reach out and flip the lights back on. A swallow, a step forward, Rift found himself yearning to know this gruff creature, to enfold him in friendship and trust, to hear the echoes of voices that must haunt him as well.

If only to know that he was not alone in this world, if only to know that he was not the only one still haunted by a past that refused to let go. 

Lips had parted, questions hanging there, begging to be asked and answered; but there was an interruption and Rift found that his tongue had grown limp. Erthe, her name was Erthe. He looked down to the pearled child at his side as she stepped closer, the urge to drape his wing across her back as he would his own sisters nearly overwhelming him. Rift felt his heart swell at the memory of his siblings, their chiming laughter and warm embraces filling the lad's thoughts for a moment before washing away beneath the sound of Erthe's voice filling the forest once more. 

As in, you cause the damage that the real healers have to clean up?

Eyes widening as the corners of his mouth pulled down, Rift noted the way Erthe's tail curled about her leg and wondered if she had really meant the seemingly playful outburst. An ear swiveled toward Agnodice at the sound of her soft laughter, though Rift had pinned his attention to the Basin mare; would she take the prodding comment as an affront and attempt to harm the ivory child or would she simply laugh it off in goodwill? The ruby stallion felt his muscles coil as the tension rose, he was no warrior and knew nothing of battle, but if push came to shove, he would not hesitate to put his body between that of Erthe and Tangere. His jaw clenched as the horned mare parted his lips to reply, but no aggression was issued, no, only a snide remark that was dimmed down by it's blatant ignorance. 

Furrowing his brow in confusion, Rift looked from Tangere to Erthe to Agnodice to Lendri then back on to Erthe. Had Tangere mistaken Erthe for a Dragon's Throat member despite her previous statement that she was of the World's Edge? Did she think that he was a Healer? His finely dished profile had tilted as he looked on; was she simple? He thought back to their first encounter only a few days ago, where he had stumbled upon the mare shoving a length of berries into the face of a newcomer. Rift pursed his lips in thought, it was true that the Basin mare laughed enough at things that were clearly not meant to be funny, it was very possible and even likely that the unicorn lass was simple in the head. 

Reaching down to bump Erthe softly atop her forehead, Rift addressed Tengere, his voice kindly and without accusation, "I think you are mistaken, miss Tangere, I am no Healer and Erthe is no Throat mare. Is it possible that you have become confused? In my knowledge, snideness and insults only come from a place of either insecurity or immaturity," He smiled apologetically, the concern for what he believed was a mentally undeveloped creature plain upon his features, "I wouldn't deign to assume whichever category your insult grew, but I do hope that you may soon learn how to prevent such embarrassing outbursts."

With that he nodded encouragingly and turned back to Lendri, "Good to meet you, Lendri. I hope we aren't overwhelming you with... well, with whatever just happened."

words: ### | tag: @Lendri @Tangere @Agnodice | notes: Hello there!
All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo

Messages In This Thread
let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-01-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Rift - 12-02-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-03-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 12-03-2015, 02:20 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Rift - 12-05-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-29-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Sialia - 01-06-2016, 01:42 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 01-17-2016, 10:54 AM