the Rift

let me tell you a story [anybody]

Lendri Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I can look after myself.

The words echoed throughout the air as if she was speaking from afar. But she wasn’t and that made clear when she spoke about her father being in the so called Edge. And just then I didn’t see Erthe anymore Cassari – instead I saw our darling Terachi. Fragile. Frail. Wavering upon the edge of sanity and a complete breakdown. Okay maybe that last bit wasn’t similar to Terachi, but instead me. Erthe may have been roughed up and toughed up on the outside but surely on the inside she felt the loneliness the bitterness of losing a parent and then only to be filled with a feeling of disappointment as her only parent left would rather run about on his own than keep an eye on his progeny. It sickened me and a sour taste filled my mouth as I thought about it more and more. I tried to forget Cassari, but no matter how hard I tried the thought was recurrent. My eyes narrowed as I looked away from Erthe and the others.

“Your father is a fool for not keeping you within sight,” the words actually had some emotion to them but it was more of a condescending tone than anything. Then I looked back towards the girl and my eyes softened just a little as she turned to speak with the others.

And for a minute Cassari, a minute, everything seemed peaceful…that was until Erthe moved closer to Rift and made some snarky comment towards another. To whom I didn’t really pay all that much attention but it irritated me. Granted I had to remind myself that Erthe was still a child and had much to learn. Not to mention she probably wasn’t learning all that much about manners with no stable parental figure. But the way her tail curled around her leg also made me wonder if there was some sort of backstory between her and whomever she had shot the comment to. Whatever the case was it was soon broken by Agnodice grinning and choking down a laugh. The corners of my lips turned downwards as I stood to the side out of the way of any chaos that followed.

Tangere was the next one to speak words. Though her words didn’t make my mood any better than what it was before them. Instead, the corners of my mouth pulled down even further as if they had weights hanging from them and my eyes narrowed and grew cold. The sour taste in my mouth before grew worse as I listened to Tangere mock Erthe and then move on to making a nasty comment to the one from the Throat…Rift I believe.

Seething anger boiled and bubbled within me Cassari. It was growing into an unruly energy that I had to work hard at containing. So I closed my dual colored eyes and tried my best to ignore what was happening. But just a few minutes after I closed my eyes and wrestling with my growing anger, Rift the stallion from the Dragon’s Throat…or at least I thought that he was from the Dragon’s Throat. Anyway his voice rang out against the air calmly as he seemingly tried to quell the ensuing fight that was being prodded at as if it were a sleeping beast.

My eyes opened and looked upon this Rift with keen eyes that held a new found interest as he turned to me and apologized in a way for what had happened. Now he had some manners, Cassari. Perhaps this new land wasn’t to be as bad as our homeland was growing to be.

“Mm,” I mumbled through closed lips and a slight dip of my head to Rift as a form of acceptance to his apology and welcome, then I paused and heaved a big sigh before actually speaking to everybody, “Pitiful.”

Yes, I only said one word…but then I carried on after a long break which consisted of me formulating my anger into the words that I wanted to voice, “I find it pitiful that I had left my homeland to escape from the fighting only to be greeted by individuals from different herds who can’t even get along for a few hours.”

I looked between them all and spoke to first Tangere and then Agnodice, “Children need to learn manners, but how on earth do you expect them to learn if those around her fail to reciprocate proper mannerisms. Besides picking fights with a child…that’s just disgraceful,” my words lashed out at Tangere as a verbal whip of sorts, then I turned to Agnodice with the same tone, “And you…though you say nothing your actions spoke for you. Finding amusement in a fight is revolting. After what I’ve been through and escaped from, I don’t see how anyone can find amusement in such barbaric things.”

Another sigh escaped my lungs as I worked on calming myself down if even a little bit and as time passed it worked. After I had calmed down enough, I looked to those that had surrounded me. Each one of them were from a different herd. Each one of them from a different walk of life. And each one of them with the same goal in mind, I was guessing on this to be honest. So I decided that should set aside the past actions. Wipe the slates clean and forget what had happened just briefly ago.

“Clearly,” I mumbled out to them with only a slight bit of agitation lingering in my voice, “All of you are here for the same reason: to persuade me to join your herd. I do believe I am correct in guessing that?” I paused as my gaze passed between all of them before moving on, “So convince me. Why should I join your herd? Why is it the best option for me?”

With a stoic carriage I looked at them all and waited to hear what they all had to say so then I could sift through the rubbish and pick out the truths and things that actually mattered. Only once hearing all of their pleas would I make my decision as to who to follow to a new home.

"speech"
notes:: sorry i took so long was kinda sick then had to be social for the holidays xD
tags:: @Erthë @Agnodice @Tangere @Rift tagging all of you because i took so damn long sorry xD
pattern credit
coding help from evvers

Messages In This Thread
let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-01-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Rift - 12-02-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-03-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 12-03-2015, 02:20 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Rift - 12-05-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-29-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Sialia - 01-06-2016, 01:42 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 01-17-2016, 10:54 AM