the Rift

[OPEN] Incoendium

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
glasgow
I know the world’s a broken bone —
Adventuring again. It seemed to be a common past time, but as I met that caramel stag, I began to hope that I might have found a partner to adventure with. However, as time passed I could never find my friend. There was a hopeful part of me that began to fade away as time went on. I figured that perhaps he might have just wanted a break, or more of an adventure than a little frail old me could provide. Or maybe he was off with that porcelain princess that met us when we returned to the Edge. Or maybe he was forgetting about me. Everyone always forgot about me in the end. But as I walked into the trees, I began to scent a slight smell of smoke. Worry flew across my brow as I picked up my old bones and adrenaline kicked in. Perhaps something was going on? I ran toward the smell, weaving through the trees only to gain sight of a bright flame ahead of me. The trees were up in flames and I took a deep breath of mixed air to scream into it before I heard that caramel stallion’s voice raging across the top of the crackling and burning of the flames. Glassy eyes shifted to where I thought the sound was coming from. I heard a few more cries from others before I called out into it myself. “TILNEY! oh please be alright! There’s others out here that need help!” I screamed out hoping he could hear. I could feel the fire beginning to burn the air around me as I watched it quickly grasp up the dry leaves of Tallsun. I began to back up as I felt it near me, closer and hot, nearly painful.

My eyes began to water in the smoke that flooded me now. An old white mare stuck in the middle of the fire. I began to shake with fear before I looked for any option to get into the fire. I needed to help these people. I needed to find Tilney first. So I took a shot and hopped over a flaming log, rushing toward the sound. Weaving in and out of fire, feeling the brief pain of the flame as it lapped against my legs and sides fiercely. I began to pant, unable to breathe with the smoke that filled my lungs. I ran like mad toward my friend, hoping that I could possibly save him, or he could possibly save me. But before I could get much further, I heard a large CRACK and felt a large piece of flaming wood hit my front leg as I tried to race through. I wasn’t sure what happened next, but I felt the searing pain of the flame graze my knee as I tumbled down into the crumbling embers of what used to be such a lush green. Lifting my head, I tried to call for Tilney, for anyone really. But I couldn’t utter a sound and instead seemed to crumble myself back into the earth. A lifeless heap of white.

"Talk."
— but melt your headaches,
call it home.
image credits

@Tilney

Messages In This Thread
Incoendium - by Tilney - 12-01-2015, 06:15 AM
RE: Incoendium - by Hotaru - 12-03-2015, 02:50 AM
RE: Incoendium - by Brendan - 12-04-2015, 06:41 AM
RE: Incoendium - by Glasgow - 12-06-2015, 04:33 AM
RE: Incoendium - by Phantom - 12-10-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: Incoendium - by Tiamat - 12-11-2015, 04:16 AM