the Rift

[OPEN] kindness falls like rain

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

There are times I believe that I am ready. There are times that the burden of youth, naivety, and a life short-lived are behind me. I am confidence, I am ready. I am Rhoa, the burning. Rhoa the dying ember. There is peace in that, in knowing that I have moved past the obstacles that loomed tall and large over me in youth. But then ... even though they are behind me, so is the sun. And so, necessarily their shadows trail and dance and harass me. They come without warning or apology, darkening my path. But when I look back, of course I see only the sun and the far-distant looming villains of my past. They are so far...and yet ...  yet sometimes the world is still dark.

I inhale deeply. The salty sea air is distasteful, but I don't mind. Something about its acridity is soothing. Everyone feels this unpleasantness, and so feeling it now doesn't feel quite so abrasive. I feel connected to the rest of the world in my dislike of the salty air, and so I inhale it all the deeper to try and rekindle the connection that I have with them.

Them. The world. 

There is no world without them.

Ah. Such thoughts are inescapable. They linger in the back of my thoughts, washing away my sanity and my fortitude. I long for love, but I can only love. Only Mother and Ivezho, untarnished in my memory, are worthy of my love. The rest of them? Zenobia? Father? Hawke, Aelin? They are too beautiful for my imperfections. The ash that batters my wings would smear and darken then in a way that I don't think I can stand. 

And so I stand here, inhaling the salt.

rhoa
these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering for days

@Zenobia

Messages In This Thread
kindness falls like rain - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: kindness falls like rain - by Ivezho - 12-17-2015, 02:26 AM
RE: kindness falls like rain - by Rhoa - 12-18-2015, 12:22 PM
RE: kindness falls like rain - by Ivezho - 12-19-2015, 06:26 PM