the Rift

[OPEN] Centuries past

Katerina Posts: 37
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 HH :: 97[8 in Helovia]
ShadowMare
You do not know heartbreak
Not until you've lived as long as I

She could feel his eyes, felt them wondering across her foreign skin. She could see his curiosity, flickering in those enthralling blue gems. She wouldn't have objected his touch, noticing the arch of the great stallion's neck as he reached out. Instead he stopped himself, the sound of his hoof crashing against the ground echoing in her ever sensitive ears. She wondered what stopped him, what force lingered above him that crushed his curiousness. She thought she understood the world, she thought she understood emotions, and equines, but she quickly realized that she didn't. Would she ever?

Maybe that was how the world was, not meant for interpretation. Not meant for the constant questioning and prodding that Katerina always found herself mixed up with. Shaking off the thoughts that was only expected to come with the turmoil that plagued her, she refocused her silvers on the creams of Tembovu. Stepping closer, Katerina stretched her neck out, the diamonds catching the low light of their sisters in the sky. "Touch, I do not mind"  She spoke softly, letting the words drift with her melodic tones.

His deep words whispered in gray drums, soft and soothing. He complimented her name, the sound of her identity on another's lips, Tembovu's lips, not as awful as she had imagined. "Flatterer." Katerina chuckled as she spoke the words, a joyed smile leaking through. A question spilled from rust lips, an answer not one that would easily be given. It wasn't that she wouldn't tell, but rather that she didn't know how to tell. Her eyes became glossed as seconds quickly slipped away before she was able to speak. She remembered her brother, her father, her mother, how happy they used to be. A true family it had seemed, one of royalty, of power, of closeness, of love. But nothing so true--so pure, was ever allowed to last. Her life was but a clock, waiting for the hands of destruction to sound it's ending of happiness and beginning of the terrors that was darkness. Her eyes had left his in her moments of recollection, but when she was brought painfully back to reality she glanced back to his capturing gaze.

"I did not want to leave." She began, exhaling with a deep sadness that she never wanted to think about. "Not at first. Is it not war, heartbreak, and death that brings so many to their knees? It seems that I was another to fall at their hands." She spoke, words beginning to wobble, their balance and flow shattering. Where was her strength? This was no way to act, she could not expose such weakness. Biting at the urge to break, she resumed. "I left after the passing of my brother, seeking an adventure unplagued by the sadness that had struck my home. You see, my brother, was the child everyone loved, I was the mere sister, I was not cared for, I was forgotten." She blinked then, closing her eyes, shielding the silvers from spilling over. Was she speaking to much? Would he laugh at her rawness, her weakness? She quickly stopped talking, fearing too much in this world so unknown so different.

"Talk"
OCC: I LOVE TEMB OKAY
@Tembovu

"Talk?"

image credits
[/color]

Messages In This Thread
Centuries past - by Katerina - 12-03-2015, 12:14 AM
RE: Centuries past - by Tembovu - 12-03-2015, 01:17 AM
RE: Centuries past - by Katerina - 12-03-2015, 08:25 PM
RE: Centuries past - by Tembovu - 12-05-2015, 12:25 PM
RE: Centuries past - by Katerina - 12-11-2015, 12:29 PM